dcsimg

Thread: Esc/p codes not working dotmatrix printing

Question Esc/p codes not working dotmatrix printing

Hello all,

I'm using Epson LX-300-II dot matrix printer to print invoices on continuous paper roll.. From vb6 i'm using printer.print method to print the invoice. it's working good.. but after printing it feeds lot of paper because the paper is set to A4 in settings. Even i can't set paper height because it's not fixed one, it depends on the no of rows entered by the user. So I want to stop printing after the last line. So i've google for the solution and found ESC/P Codes.. But when i use this code like below it simply prints some symbol characters.. Is there any drivers i need to install or suggest me any ideas?

Code:
    Printer.Print Chr(27) & Chr(25) & "C"
    Thank you

PowerPoster

Re: Esc/p codes not working dotmatrix printing

This question gets asked over and over and over again. It is so old that the original KB article has been taken offline, but here is a copy somebody still hosts:

Q154078 HOWTO: Send Raw Data to a Printer Using the Win32 API from VB

You can also try searching here or across the Web in general for "raw printing" to find more about the topic.

Re: Esc/p codes not working dotmatrix printing

Thanks dilettante,

yes, i know..i'm searching for the solution for one week.. there are a lot of lot of posts related to this.. but i can't find out the exact answer.. that why i came here...

I've tried the method that you are mentioned above... i don't know its working or not because i have only laser printer and not having dot matrix right now.. there is no response in laser printer when i print using this raw printing method.. i'll try in dot matrix tomorrow...

thanks again,,