dcsimg

Thread: Help?

Help?

Hi, firstly I know this is probably the wrong place for this and I apologise for being a nuisance, but I need help with a simple program. I've tried to build this myself, GUI is easy but I can't code very well.

I need to build a simple program that counts down 1 week intervals, the form would consist of 50 group boxes label A1 to D10, each containing two buttons and a label, initially one button will say "Rent", the label will say "available", the other button will be disabled. When the rent button is clicked I want the label to display "1 week" and start counting down starting from 9am that day, the rent button will now say "end" and the other button will be enabled and say "add", if the add button is clicked a dialogue box will ask how many weeks with a field to enter a number of weeks and an "add" and "cancel" button, any weeks added will add to the label counting weeks. If the weeks count down the label should turn yellow, say "due" and continue counting, if another week passes it should turn red and say "+1 due", another week "+2 due" and so on. When end is clicked, if there are weeks remaining a pop up should say "x weeks owed" if weeks are due it should say "x weeks due" and an ok button which will reset that group box, if no weeks are owed or due end should reset that group box.

I hope you can see what I'm going for here, and again, I apologise for throwing this up here, I just really need a solution and I don't know where to get help coding this, if there is a more appropriate place please let me know, thanks for any help.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Help?

Yeah, you've picked the wrong sub forum I'm afraid. ChitChat is for... well... Chit Chat. You want to be in one of the main forums. We can move your post for you but we need to know what language you're using so we can pick the right one.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Thanks, that would be great. I've started in C#.

Sounds rather like homework. What have you done and where are you stuck? If you have no idea at all then that rather suggests that you need to review what you've been taught. We all get stuck at certain places at certain times trying to implement something specific but you should still have a grasp of the basics and what of those basic building blocks you should be trying to use, e.g. handling events of controls like a Button or TextBox and setting properties of controls like TextBoxes and Labels, etc.

Yeah I know it looks like homework, it basically is, I don't know much at all about developing software and I haven't been taught anything, but I know there's nothing available to suit my needs and it doesn't seem to me like a lot of work for someone with experience to develop such a basic program. I know I'm just asking someone to do it for me and that is usually frowned upon in these forums but surely it can't hurt to ask, I'd even be happy to pay a small amount to have someone code something for me. All I really need is a template that has the functionality already coded that I can modify to suit each group box, if anyone can do that for me that would be much appreciated.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Ah, I hadn't really realised you just wanted a solution. We've got a project request section that I've moved this to. That's probably the best place to get help.

If you're a bit more willing to take a punt yourself you might want to start a thread in the C# section. Folks will chip in and give you guidance and code snippets but will stop short of actually doing the work for you. Personally, that's what I'd recommend. What you're looking to do isn't particularly difficult and I'm pretty sure you'd find you were more than capable of achieving it. It'd be a bit more work but the rewards would be greater.

Either way, good luck and welcome to the forum.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Ok, thanks. Yeah I'm happy to have a go, I would enjoy doing it myself actually but beyond click events and some basic experience with arduino I get pretty stumped, I know how to structure the code, I'm just not familiar with the instruction set and the functions available. I'll do what I can and ask in the forum you mentioned. Thanks again for your help.