dcsimg

Thread: vbRichClient cSortedDictionary

vbRichClient cSortedDictionary

I have used this as a replacement for scripting.dictionary but run into a problem. Has anyone else had the experience of cSortedDictionary either not adding a key or not finding a key?

I THINK i have this problem and am currently testing by replacing cSorted with scripting.dictionary and the problem seems to go away.

Frenzied Member

Re: vbRichClient cSortedDictionary

Posting some code that illustrates the problem would be very helpful
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...

My VB6 love-children: Vee-Hive and Vee-Launcher

PowerPoster

Re: vbRichClient cSortedDictionary

Quote Originally Posted by vbwins View Post
    I have used this as a replacement for scripting.dictionary but run into a problem. Has anyone else had the experience of cSortedDictionary either not adding a key or not finding a key?

I THINK i have this problem and am currently testing by replacing cSorted with scripting.dictionary and the problem seems to go away.
    In an earlier private message you explained, that your problems with the cSortedDictionary occur in "a callback".

And since I'm using the cSortedDictionary in a whole lot of Apps and COM-Dlls without any problems -
    I can only assume that your callback is a "threaded one" (coming in from a foreign created thread,
    which was not created as a COM-compatible STA-Thread).

That the Scripting-Dictionary has less of a problem (when called back from such a "non STA-thread")
    is not surprising - it was implemented in C(++) and does not have to ensure a proper initializing of the
    vbRuntime-Dll on said thread...

I can only underline the request of Colin (regarding your "showing us some code") - a request I made also in an
    answer to your Private Message you've sent me earlier... it would probably help already, when you could shed some
    more light on, what kind of Callback we are talking about (to be able to determine, whether it's a threaded one).

HTH

Olaf