Thread: Convert MP4 to AVI

Convert MP4 to AVI

Someone asked me if cloudconvert.com is a safe site to use for converting MP4 to AVI.

Anyone have an opinion or know of a different site that is safe for converting files?

Thanks!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Re: Convert MP4 to AVI

I have used a few but I don't have a preference. I have to grit my teeth every time and I try to use them from a clean VM I can roll back afterward just in case, not to mention doing virus scans against the converted file after downloading it.

Stand alone converter programs are common enough as well, though for occasional use it isn't worth dealing with the even greater potential for abuse or the risk that they'll install crapware or even trash some pre-existing library by overwriting it with a crap version.

These raise the hair on the back of my neck because they are obviously something naive users will want to make use of.

It is really a shame that computer use has become as risky as walking down dark alleys at night with cash sticking out of your pockets beating a triangle yelling "Come and get it!"

Trust is a rare commodity.

I think I would be more afraid about what they do with your data (movie) file.
    Do they keep it? Do they log it? Do they analyze it and share the results with government agencies?

This is something I would care more about then the risk of a manipulated output file.

Thank you both for your opinions - the interweb certainly has turned out to be a risky place to play!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

Unless you are producing those highly prized costumed cat videos you may not need to be as worried about anyone keeping a copy of your valuable work.