Thread: Button.visible = false does not work

Button.visible = false does not work

Hi,

I have got some Buttons and labels in a Tab. If i click button1 some other buttons and labels should get visible and If i click Button2 they should get invisible by btn.visible = false. The second step does not work in two elements of five. The properties of all elements are the same actually. Has anybody else thus effect? I googled hours and found some suggestions, i tried btn.refresh() for the elements which make trouble, but that hast no effect....

I am quite confused and frustrated. I did some work with Windows Forms already and never got such an annoying behaviour

Re: Button.visible = false does not work

A WPF Button has no Visible property so your description can't possibly be true. There's an IsVisible property but I would have expected you to be able to report the actual property, so I'm not sure what to think.

Assuming that it is WPF and you are setting the IsVisible property, you should do what you should always do in situations like this: create a new test project and isolate the specific functionality you're having an issue with. If it works as expected then you know that there's something wrong with your original project and you can make changes to the test project until you get the same behaviour. If it shows the same unexpected behaviour then you have a simple example that you can show us and we can test to help us diagnose the issue.

It ist a WF not WPF, sorry i forgot that.

Ah, so Windows Workflow Foundation, right? This is the right forum for that but I think that this may be the first question on that subject I've seen so it is definitely a good idea to specify that. In the VB.NET forum, people will assume Windows Forms if it's on GUI programming because that's almost always what it is. The same is true of WPF in this forum. Unfortunately, I have no experience with WF and you'll probably find that most others here are the same. If you can provide that simple example though, I'm prepared to have a go and see if I can see what the issue may be.