dcsimg

Thread: Images in a scrolling window

Hyperactive Member

Images in a scrolling window

I'd like to display images from a camera. As an image is taken it is displayed in the top of the form. When the next image is taken the top image moves down and the newest image is displayed (and so on). I'll place a maximum of 10 or 15 images on this control. I would like to have a scroll bar appear on the rh side of the window when the bottom image starts going below the bottom edge of the window. This way the operator can scroll up and down easily to see the last 10 or 15 images of the process.

The goal is to be able to use a mouse to look back at the last few images for diagnostic purposes. We will most likely get a 40" TV and mount it in portrait orientation rather than landscape (as a "normal" desktop or laptop image is).

Does anybody have any recommendations regarding the type of controls (either Microsoft or third party) that might work well in this type of use case?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VB.net/C# ... Visual Studio 2017

Re: Images in a scrolling window

Assuming Windows Forms, you would use PictureBox controls for the images. You can use a TableLayoutPanel or FlowLayoutPanel as a container for multiple PictureBoxes to allow you to simply add new ones and have the layout taken care of automatically. If you set the AutoScroll property of the form to True then it will automatically display a scrollbar if its content extends beyond the viewable area.

Hyperactive Member

Re: Images in a scrolling window

Thank you very much! FlowLayoutPanel is exactly what I had in mind.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VB.net/C# ... Visual Studio 2017