dcsimg

Thread: Show inaktive Form in "Aktive-Style"

Show inaktive Form in "Aktive-Style"

When I open an new form from a form, the previous one becomes inaktiv and the titlebar appears to be kind of grayed. I would like to prevent the form doing that. I am using borderless forms to pretend some kind of "Drag & Drop", which works fine. But the flickering of the titlebar is disturbing me so I need your help. I do not want to change the apperance systemwide. I would be very pleased to get an answer.

Addicted Member

Re: Show inaktive Form in "Aktive-Style"

Check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo VI View Post

The main form appears active (red X button and drop shadow) even though the tool window actually has the focus.

Thank you very much for your quick answer. Unfortunately it does not work with modal forms, even in the sample project in that originally post. Unfortunately that is what I need...

Addicted Member

By convention, the owner window of a modal window is always shown in an inactive style. This is done to prevent confusing the user as to which window has the keyboard focus. I did try modifying that code to see what would happen if we tried to defy the convention. Sorry, but it didn't work. Windows 7 still rendered the owner form as inactive even when I sent SendMessageW(hWnd, WM_NCACTIVATE, TRUE_, 0&) from the modal form. Looks like you either will just have to conform to the convention or convert your modal borderless form to a modeless one.

Thank you again for your time and effort. I need to use a modal form, because the previous method needs a kind of answer of the "PopUp"-form. I there a proper possibility to achive that kind of behavious without a form being modal ? I know that I could use a Loop but that is not very elegant to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo VI View Post
    By convention, the owner window of a modal window is always shown in an inactive style. This is done to prevent confusing the user as to which window has the keyboard focus. I did try modifying that code to see what would happen if we tried to defy the convention. Sorry, but it didn't work. Windows 7 still rendered the owner form as inactive even when I sent SendMessageW(hWnd, WM_NCACTIVATE, TRUE_, 0&) from the modal form. Looks like you either will just have to conform to the convention or convert your modal borderless form to a modeless one.

Addicted Member

Can you please explain in more detail what you're trying to accomplish? If possible, can you upload some screenshots/illustrations or even better, a small project that demonstrates what you'd like to achieve. Thank you.

A sample would be too complicated for me and I think, you brought me on the right path to solve my problem. Your trick with the not-aktiv-form was enough, even in a non-modal-form. I solved my "Modal"-Problem eventually with the "Loop" I was trying to avoid. It did the trick so I do not want annybody else to spend his time for me. Thank you again. (I am from Germany, so my english might have some mistakes)