Thread: Net crami jans

Addicted Member

Net crami jans

Gurus

Does net framework NFW 4.5 covers lower eg 3. 5? Is there a 64bit version for each NFW?

Having difficulty get NFW, all site give some sort of trouble. Looking for offline installer, any lead for win 10.,5

THANKS for reading & considering

Re: Net crami jans

They have made changes to the underlying .NET CLR at various stages through the history of .NET. .NET 2.0 introduced a new CLR and so did .NET 4.0. That means that any app targeting .NET 2.0 - 3.5 will not run if only .NET 4.x is installed. With regards to Windows 10, it has .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.x built in, but I'm not sure that both are installed by default. You can install or uninstall either through optional components in Windows itself. We can't really help with any specific issue that you don't provide a specific description for. Also, these questions are not about VB.NET and belong in the Application Deployment forum.

Addicted Member

Friend THANK YOU for the classification, great help. Noted wrong forum.

My experience with Win.10 v1809 64bit, by default NFW 3.5 is not installed I need to specifically down load & install

Addicted Member

Having problem with website to re-edit., edit button just spin.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzMic View Post
    My experience with Win.10 v1809 64bit, by default NFW 3.5 is not installed I need to specifically down load & install
    You should not have to download and install it independently. It's an optional OS component so you can install it through the OS. You need to open the Programs & Features applet from the Control Panel first, so how you do that is up to you. One way is to open the Settings app, select the Apps category from the Home page and, from the Apps & Features subsection, click on the Programs & Features link under Related Settings on the righthand side. Once there, you should click on 'Turn Windows features on or off' on the lefthand side. You'll see that one of the options is .NET Framework 3.5, so check the box and click OK to have it installed. I don't recall whether that downloads on demand or installs from a cache but it's a consistent way to get the correct files installed. You probably ought to do a Windows Update after that to ensure that any security updates have been applied.

Having problem with website to re-edit., edit button just spin.
    This site has been having some issues since the last update. If you edit a post and click Save and the animated spinner just keeps on spinning, copy your post to the clipboard just in case and then refresh the page. You should find that your edit was successfully submitted and the issue was just the page not refreshing.

Addicted Member

So desu Cheerio

Addicted Member

To downunder

Just check in "features section" of control panel > program .., NFW 4 is auto installed but not older v3. Ticking it goes to download & as my pc have no connection hence i am looking for offline installer.

OK, you never actually said that you weren't connected to the internet. Are you Amish or something? Anyway, you can find a download for .NET 3.5 as easily as I can and most people aren't going to have a link to such a thing stored in their favourites. I'm not sure that it's possible to install it without going through the OS though. You may well be able to specify a source for the download or the like but that's something you'd have to look into. Is there no way to temporarily connect that machine to the net?

It occurs to me that maybe you can't find a download for .NET 3.5 as easily as me because I've noticed that a lot of people don't actually bother reading what's in front of them. I just searched for "download .net 3.5" and the first result was this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=21

The main link on that page will download the bootstrapper, which will then try to download the actual Framework installer from the web. Maybe you got that far but didn't bother reading any further. The Install Instructions section of that page provides a link to the full package download, which is presumably what you want. I'm not sure whether you can use that on Windows 10 or not but there's a sure way to find out: suck it and see.

Addicted Member

OK read on we poor souls but first of all a big THANK YOU.

Addicted Member

Actually I got to download the full dotnetfx35. exe (not the bootstrap) but it fail to install unless I allow win 10 to do it for me

Actually I got to download the full dotnetfx35. exe (not the bootstrap) but it fail to install unless I allow win 10 to do it for me
    That's as I suspected. It may be possible to specify a location to use as a source for optional components in Windows 10 so, if you are completely unable to connect that machine to the internet, that may be something to look into. I can't help with specifics because it's just an educated guess on my part.

This was the first thing I found with a search for "windows 10 optional components source":

https://community.spiceworks.com/top...-on-windows-10

It might help directly but it certainly indicates that you can do this without an internet connection.

Addicted Member

http://m.windowstechinfo.com/tag/mic...nd-package-cab

The above link talks about win 10 & no offline install for NFW 3.5

Hyperactive Member

I am going to name my new music software CRAMI JAMS !

Addicted Member

You read my mind it's is meant to be JAMS, topo error.

OK lets change subject. How is the road melting, thirsty dead horses climate bearing on you Sydney folks?