Thread: A Compressor Agent for Windows

A Compressor Agent for Windows

Dear Computer Programmers of VBForums.

I wish to have some of you, one and all to help me with my programming troubles. Here is my problem, as follows:
    1. I need to have my Zip File to be executable using the Shell command in VB6. But then however to have my Zip File, to not create any temp files, on the local disk, even. However Compression Agents, like: WinRAR and WinZip, make temp files on the local disk. However I don't want to copy them. Instead, I wish to make the temp files, in memory and then not electronically on the disk, itself, even at that.

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: A Compressor Agent for Windows

If you use Shell to open a file, you don't have control of it, the opening app does. That said, those apps only create temp files when you drag and drop, not if you extract through the 'Extract to...' dialog.

Oh okay then. However then looking at my Attachment. Could you see a possible way of making my Data Files, say that when they are about ten bytes long, then to be a fully working file as to what they had been before they were compressed using my ActiveX Control Object, that I had posted here, even. Plus not to forget about then if I make this temp file, then should I make it extractable to the data that will then be able to be decompressed using my App, hey dude. Using the information you have given to me, here. I can now say that thanks for the input, but then could you please help me to then be able to make the file legiable and still then be compressed, even to ten bytes, and nothing more, at that...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

You can the ZlibWapi DLL to decompress data from ZIP files in memory.
    Or use the cZipArchive class from wqweto:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...-lines-of-code

Okay then, but with that DLL file. Can I also add in my very own hard wired encryption techquine into it, like I am doing now???

Okay then, but with that DLL file. Can I also add in my very own hard wired encryption techquine into it, like I am doing now???

#1: Can you please help me write a properly working demo of making an ZIP file. Like where all of the data has to then go, after using the Open … Get … Close commands. I know how I am going to get the file to run. just using the Shell command, this part I have done right. but the reason it isn't working, so then tells me the debugging of my project app. then gives the knowledge of the errors at hand. they mean that the only reason that the file isn't executing is that it doesn't know where to assign the data of the file, to the WinRAR Client running on the test machine, even. so then how do you or then able to construct a ZIP file for WinRAR Client to work with, on the test machine.

I am trying to say that you have to assign the variables and properties of the client software to be taken into consideration when opening the zip data file.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Actually with cZipArchive.cls you can use AES-384 for encryption which is totally not supported by any other zip utility where only AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256 are available.

Just pass EncrStrength:=4 and some password to AddFile method to enable encryption w/ AES-384 which is supposedly not as strong as your hard-wired encryption but probably worth a try.

cheers,
    </wqw>

I guess that I could be able to work it into my ActiveX Control Object that I have spoken about here, then. Using the compressor class module, here and then to make it a little more perfect, even to make it mine, also at that