dcsimg

Thread: Any way to prevent my project Executable file from being shutdown by an antivirus?

Exclamation Any way to prevent my project Executable file from being shutdown by an antivirus?

Hey guys! I made a program to a game, what I want to publish on my game server, but my executable file is seen as a virus, and Avast and the default Windows antivirus doesnt allow it to start. Is there anyway to legalize it or I dont know? Thanks!

Re: Any way to prevent my project Executable file from being shutdown by an antivirus

There are many reasons antivirus software will block programs, and they are generally because the program is doing something it shouldn't (at least not using the method it does).

What things does your program do?

Re: Any way to prevent my project Executable file from being shutdown by an antivirus

What can be malicious, is that is getting and setting values on registry, gets a folder(the games folder) listed, and then uploaded to an ftp server, and maybe deleting files in that folder, when the app does seems that something its not installed correctly without user permission. I've scanned with virus total the program, and 2/69 was the detection rate:
    Name:  valamikep.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  14.8 KB

Is there some way you can white list it on your game server?
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Hyperactive Member

You should be able to tell your antivirius to trust the file on your system using the antivirus. If not I would call them and consider a different antivirus.

If this is from your visual studio project you may need to tell it all the related files are also ok ie dlls everything in the bin folder or etc. This happens to me when I give my vs project to someone else and they try to run the vs project. You have to mark all the files before compiling and running the project on a new system from vs.

If you have a setup program that you distribute your user needs to mark it as allowed. This noramlly happens when the setup asks for permission if you dont have a cert for the app. User gives permission and antivirus should trust.

Once the version has been marked trusted by a few customers it gets more trusted by the antivirus co.

However Avast seems particularly dumb about it. (or maybe strict)

I use Norton and after I and few customers mark it as trusted then it seems to go better. Norton seems to be better about asking the customer about it. Plus I install it with msi setup.

I would call Avast if you cant get it going and complain. (I have had customers tell me they were very helpful).
    Last edited by tommytwotrain; Jan 11th, 2019 at 07:29 AM.

I use Norton and after I and few customers mark it as trusted then it seems to go better. Norton seems to be better about asking the customer about it.
    Seems like a bad policy to me...A bunch of people could trust a zero days virus that has a future start date and it would be trusted.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Seems like a bad policy to me...A bunch of people could trust a zero days virus that has a future start date and it would be trusted.
    Tyson,

Yes I guess.

Well I dont know the exact policy and am not speaking for anyone. I am just stating my experiences. Norton comes up after I complile and install new software and says this ____ is not found on other systems are you sure you want to trust it? Or found on 3 systems etc. Its basically white listing it on your sytem.

Plus, it is not the only thing they use. I think even if a trusted something tries a bad thing it is shut. And you are only trusting on your system.

Finally, we need to be able to run our software not be at the mercy of some tyrant antivirus that only allows ms products or those who pay the extortion fee.