dcsimg

Thread: Back up

Back up

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how people back up their VBA code.

Crossposted at http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtop...244293#p244293

TIA
    Lisa

Re: Back up

For a simple set of VBA macros used with a workbook, I make a backup of the Excel workbook, and a Word document with the VBA Code using the Courier New font of appropriate size with the correct page size to prevent line wrap, and save it with an appropriate name.

For Excel workbooks with user forms or buttons, etc., a backup of the workbook and a Word document with the macro code with headers specifying where the code is placed.

If the macro functions are complex enough, I also create documentation in Word explaining how the macros are intended to be used along with any other requirements for the sheets, or other important information, in case someone else ever needs to use or modify the code. This is in addition to any comments in the macro code.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    For a simple set of VBA macros used with a workbook, I make a backup of the Excel workbook, and a Word document with the VBA Code using the Courier New font of appropriate size with the correct page size to prevent line wrap, and save it with an appropriate name.

For Excel workbooks with user forms or buttons, etc., a backup of the workbook and a Word document with the macro code with headers specifying where the code is placed.

If the macro functions are complex enough, I also create documentation in Word explaining how the macros are intended to be used along with any other requirements for the sheets, or other important information, in case someone else ever needs to use or modify the code. This is in addition to any comments in the macro code.
    Thank you!!

Lisa

For workbooks with forms or buttons, etc., I usually also put screen captures of the forms or sheets with buttons into the Word document.

For workbooks with forms or buttons, etc., I usually also put screen captures of the forms or sheets with buttons into the Word document.
    Thank you again!

Thank you again!