dcsimg

Thread: How to get English text of label from database based on table reference and field nam

Lively Member

How to get English text of label from database based on table reference and field nam

I make project in SQL server 2012 asp.net core 2.1 visualstudio2017 and technology i using entity framework core 2.1
    what I need is to get text of label control from database based on table name and field name from reference table
    so that i need to make function can be used to get the label text when table fields match what exist on reference file based on table and field name .
    so that How to do that ?
    to more explain what i need see this example
    suppose i have item table and product table
    Item table have two fields
    Item Code
    Item Name
    Product table have two fields
    Product No
    Product Name
    reference table have 5 fields

Code:
    serial tablename fieldname   ArabictextforLabel EnglishtextforLabel 
    1        Item      ItemCode         كود الصنف              ItemCodeVal
    2        Item      ItemName         اسم الصنف              ItemNameVal        
    3        Product   ProductNo        كود المنتج              ProductNoVal
    4        Product   ProductName      اسم المنتج              ProductNameVal

so that when go to view Items
    get text for labeles as (ItemCodeval then display itemnameval) for viewmodels for items
    and same thing on product view display label text as ( productnoval and productnameval) for view model Products
    and when this text for product table and items table changed this will changed on view as dynamically
    this will make dynamically show text per labels

Can this available on asp.net core 2.1 entity framework core 2.1 or not and how to do it if allowed ?

Re: How to get English text of label from database based on table reference and field

So, you're asking us how to perform a query with a Where clause using EF?

Lively Member

Re: How to get English text of label from database based on table reference and field

yes view or function to display text of every label from database based on field name and table name
    please if you can help me on that
    suppose i open items view what i need to display
    label text from reference table for item code as ItemCodeVal
    label text from reference table for ItemName as ItemNameVal

It's just a regular old query, so you should learn how to execute a query. You might want to start with the Database FAQ link in my signature or the VB tutorial link, which covers the basics of data access along with the rest of the language. Once you have the result, you can display it like you would any other text. Once you've read up and made an attempt, you can always post back here if it doesn't work and we can help you fix it. You should be able to make that attempt first though.