Thread: [RESOLVED] Hello, i have a problem with the Microsoft Multimedia Control SP6 ActiveX

Resolved [RESOLVED] Hello, i have a problem with the Microsoft Multimedia Control SP6 ActiveX

Hello I am writing a Video Player, that works using the WebBrowser ActiveX Control Object, then I have everything working right, then however when trying to make a Button for instance, the Play Button to then be .Enabled = True. This then gets right at me with the non conforming attitude with not doing anything to then after that command being executed. Can someone here help me with my problem. Also I have another problem with my Video Player, that will then be inside another Thread of this Forum, at that...

PS: Here is my Attachment that I have the Source Code and also the Builds, I have been working on, even...
    Attachment 163971
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Dec 19th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: Hello, i have a problem with the Microsoft Multimedia Control SP6 ActiveX

You'll probably have to be clearer.

Hi Imp,

anybody ever told you.. you like Freddie Mercury....
    well that if that is you on the Pic

as to your question, sorry not my Field I work in
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

PowerPoster

You need to try and explain the issue a bit better. I really can't make heads or tails of the OP.

I had to remove the attachment from the original post as it contained multiple compiled items. The site does not allow compiled code to be attached, as no guarantee can be made as to the reliability of the code. Therefore, please remove the compiled items from the zip, and re-attach it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

We're a pretty high-maintenance crew, us bitter-enders here in VB6 and Its Prototypes.

Using the Microsoft Multimedia Control. How do you make the buttons, enabled = true and also enabled = false, because I have already tried that, even. also that is me, after my working accident post Y2K. Then I have the source code to work with the Button actions, but then just to say make the play button enabled, then once pressed to be hidden, and pause visible and enabled, plus the stop button to then also to be enabled, even
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Sinecure devotee

You could always just hide the multimedia buttons and use your own buttons, which is what I did. I would have to look around for my old VB6 version of a player (that can be compiled from source). I have an executable that I still run occasionally, but some of the old sources I have for it won't load up correctly in the IDE, so may need some rescuing as I haven't maintained it over the years with new machines and operating systems.

If you want to use the multimedia controls themselves, I believe those will be under the control of the mediaplayer, and they will enable or disable themselves based on whether you loaded media into the player. Since I wanted to control the action of what happens when a button is pressed is why I select to Hide the controls, and just implemented the buttons I wanted myself.

-- Thanks for the Input !!

I have been able to write in the following source code, to then represent a single command button bar, but then it gives me the following result. it doesn't clear the selected file from the player, and then just keeps adding filenames and folders, to the player location for the current video to then be played at, eg: C:\Temp\Video.mhtC:\Video\Hello.mht

-- To make amends to the post, I had posted last, the one before this one. I have to now say that I have been able to successfully been able to make it load a mht file, using an embedded dcr file into it. however I am now unable to read the properties from the embedded dcr in the mht file. like the property swFrame, which I want to read and also set for runtime and then not to change it presently, but then just for when you are playing it at the current moment. which is something like using the ReadProperty handler and then not like it, at all. I have been told, by older programmers that taught me Adobe Director, when it was just called Macromedia Director MX