dcsimg

Thread: WebKitX

Hyperactive Member

WebKitX

I've been using the Microsoft Web Control as a built in browser. But recent changes to an external web site I have no control over has broken compatibility.

I got on GitHub and found an abandoned project to use WebKitX in VB6. There's a newer version available for sale ('www dot webkitx dot com'). It's a bit pricey but might be worth it if it works.

My existing program opens up a web site, enters the user name and password then clicks the log-in button. Super simple with the Microsoft control but as I said, that control no longer works with the site.

The WebKitX site has all sorts of useless examples of how to write HTML5 games but no simple docs on how to just fill in a value on a regular web page so I'm not sure it can even do that.

So question is... how do I change the code (below) into something that runs on WebKitX?

WebBrowser1.Document.All("username").Value = "admin"
    WebBrowser1.Document.All("password").Value = "admin"
    WebBrowser1.Document.All("loginBtn").Click

Thanks in advance!

Hyperactive Member

Re: WebKitX

Hello, I have the same idea with you, and, I directly operate ie11, use setparent. Get the webrowser object! All operations are the same as webbrowser control!

Of course, I also know that the author of WebKitx is in the forum, I hope he can introduce his controls.

you can find out mozvb.ocx replace wlebbrowser.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by xxdoc123 View Post
    I directly operate ie11, use setparent. Get the webrowser object! All operations are the same as webbrowser control!
    That sounds interesting! Could you share a small snippet of code to show how you do that?

Hyperactive Member

I found an IE example like xxdoc123 was describing. It contains a line of code:

Private WithEvents IE As InternetExplorer

But this fails saying "user defined type not defined"

Sooo... assuming I'm missing a reference to InternetExplorer? What should I reference?

Thanks!

Update: Nevermind. Just needed a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls
    Last edited by Darkbob; Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbob View Post
    I found an IE example like xxdoc123 was describing. It contains a line of code:

Private WithEvents IE As InternetExplorer

But this fails saying "user defined type not defined"

Sooo... assuming I'm missing a reference to InternetExplorer? What should I reference?

Thanks!

Update: Nevermind. Just needed a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls
    Webkitx is great, i download and test! you can use the getAttribute or setAttribute.. to do this! when loadend event.