Thread: Advice on Apple mobile devices

Advice on Apple mobile devices

I've got to purchase both an IPhone and an IPad just for the purposes of viewing a website. The site is being developed by another coder - and I've been tasked with making sure it looks good on an IPhone and IPad (I've got Android phones/tablets already).

I was thinking of buying an IPhone 8 - to have a model that most of our users might still have.

For the IPad - I'm lost - mini, pro, this and that - geez.

I'm just wanting to make sure the sites shrinks down and works properly.

And once we accept site, we will use these devices to make sure that content we put up doesn't make the site break.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Advice on Apple mobile devices

Do you you have to have a physical Apple product? We use Chrome Developer Tools and use the View mobile mode to check for different device modes and sizes... easier and cheaper than buying a bunch of different phones & tablets just to check for sizes and usability.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

How guaranteed is that tool to truly mimic the actual browser on one of these devices?

Cost is not a big issue - site development costing 100K and we have a penetration testing firm charging big bucks to make sure it's a safe site once completed.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I would go for an iPhone 8 or 7 and an iPad 9.7"
    The iPad mini has the same resolution as the iPad 9.7"
    The iPad Pro is not used that often, at least to my knowledge

Comparison of iPad 9.7, Pro 11 and Pro 12.9:
    https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
    Code:
    12.9": 2732‑by‑2048 resolution, 264 ppi
    11.0": 2388‑by‑1668 resolution, 264 ppi
     9.7": 2048‑by‑1536 resolution, 264 ppi

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

How guaranteed is that tool to truly mimic the actual browser on one of these devices?
    It's identical as when you visit a website in a phone or tablet what your dealing with is the limiting of size of display and normally what your testing is does the website work re-actively and resize itself based upon the different form factors.

As long as what you testing is just a website then yes the chrome developer tools work great to test with !
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you