dcsimg

Thread: File Failure

File Failure

I'm using Cordova to make an Android tablet app. This may not be quite the forum for such a question, but the language is JavaScript, and I'm not quite sure where the real question lies.

The application uses the Cordova file plugin:

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/l...a-plugin-file/

which allows access to the file system. This application has now worked fine on half a dozen, or so, tablets of two different brands. However, on one tablet, I am getting some really peculiar behavior.

The code first gets a directory, then for the directory it does this:

Code:
     dir.getFile(fileName, { create: true }, function (fileEntry) {},writeFailure)
    I left out the body of the success function. Basically, the call is to get a file from a directory. The fileName is the name of the file to get, then there's an argument to create it if it doesn't exist, a method to call on success, and writeFailure is a method to call on failure.

The problem is that BOTH functions are being called. The user sees the message from writeFailure, but I also confirmed that the program is calling the success method, and is actually doing what it should, which is saving the file.

I would assume that a method that takes both a success and failure callback, should call one or the other, but never both. In a way, I could sort of work around this by not having the error callback show a message. The user would just see the code working, but that defeats the whole purpose of an error callback, as the user wouldn't know about a legitimate failure. Also, for this design, I can't alert the user that the file saved...at least not all that well.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss. I can't see into the getFile method, which probably isn't JS to begin with (it's probably either C++ or, more likely, Java). I don't see any reason why both success and failure would result from a method call, or ever SHOULD result from a method call.

Any insight would be welcome.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Re: File Failure

What version is the file plugin?

Do you need a RETURN 0 or RETURN 1 or RETURN TRUE or something like that in your function body to "expose" success to the plugin so that it does not call the failure function?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I used two different versions, but I'm currently still seeing the problem with the most recent version.

@szlamany: The method works as is on several devices, and is just failing on the one, so I don't believe I need anything more. Naturally, I'm leaning towards the idea that something is corrupted on that one device, I'm just looking for any other possibilities.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing