dcsimg

Thread: Entity Framework connection string issue

Entity Framework connection string issue

I am using EF connection string in my project,and it doesnt work. i will post my code and can anyone tell me how to rebuild debug.appconfig and relase.appconfig bcuz i have an error to
    Name:  xee22222.png
Views: 217
Size:  1.9 KB

Here is my connection string code :

Code:
        <add name="dentnedEntities" connectionString="data source=DESKTOP-Q8526KR\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;
                           database=dentned;
                           AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|dentned.mdf;
                           User Instance=true"
         providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    I have create another one and it doesnt work here is the 2nd code :

Code:
    <add name="dentnedEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Entity.Model_dentned.csdl|res://*/Entity.Model_dentned.ssdl|res://*/Entity.Model_dentned.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=DESKTOP-Q8526KR\SQLEXPRESS;initial catalog=dentned;Integrated Security=true; MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" />

Re: Entity Framework connection string issue

delete that second one... it's jsut too wrong to fix. The first one... I don't know how you managed to mangle that one... but you've managed to mix two connection types there. First thing you need to decide is if you're connecting to a database on a SQL Server instance, or if you're wanting to connect to a database file... once you decide that, you then need to delete the parts that are for the other connection type. If you need help pop over to https://www.connectionstrings.com/sqlconnection/ for a properly formatted connection string.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *