dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot Connect to secure web sites

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Cannot Connect to secure web sites

I can connect to vbforums because it is not a secure site but I cannot connect to sites that are secure. I tried several and no connections allowed. Using Chrome I get the following message when I tried to connect to sce.com:

EDIT: OK, never mind. I forgot that I needed to install Service Pack 3 which solved the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Code Dummy; Nov 11th, 2018 at 11:52 PM.

Re: Cannot Connect to secure web sites

I forgot that I needed to install Service Pack 3 which solved the issue
    Service Pack 3 of what ??

Fanatic Member

He's using XP for some unknown reason. Browser support for XP and Vista ended a couple years ago though so I really don't know why he's trying to get on the internet. Maybe he's building a honeypot.

King of sapila

What do you mean?
    I still using XP on my old PC and there is a decent Firefox browser on a decent version. Come to think of it the XP pre quantum versions run more smoothly than the quantum version I have on my windows 7. It just opens 2 firefox threads simultaneously not 10 like the latest and it load and browse a lot faster.
    Granted my windows 7 PC is pretty old too but comparing a 15 years XP to a 7 years W7 and seeing Firefox runs better on the XP just brings a smile to my face, well more like a grin.
    Slow as hell.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    What do you mean?
    I still using XP on my old PC and there is a decent Firefox browser on a decent version.
    I suppose that depends on what you define as "decent". I'm solely talking about security issues. You can't use the latest versions (i.e., most secure in theory) of any browser on those unsupported OS as far as I know. I was pretty much forced to upgrade the Vista PC at my church simply because sites wouldn't work with the browser versions you could still use, and I tried all the major players. Statement from Firefox.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Cannot Connect to secure web sites

What site does not work with XP firefox?
    Personally I have only issues with flash players and that is because I haven't updated to XP SP3 .
    Slow as hell.

Fanatic Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Cannot Connect to secure web sites

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    What site does not work with XP firefox?
    One I recall was for a church program we needed. I could have tried to get around it with user agent spoofing, but the fact remains that you're just playing Russian roulette using unsupported OS and browser on the internet. Risk for us was small since the PC was only on a few hours a week, but not being able to use the main site we needed was a major pain.