dcsimg

Thread: Help with e.Graphics.Drawing

Lively Member

Help with e.Graphics.Drawing

So there very well could be an easier and better way to do this, but this is what I have so far. What I'm trying to accomplish is print out the text in various labels, textboxes, and comboboxes onto a printed piece of paper. That piece of paper is a form that I'm trying to fill out. It will have things like name, address, city, and state. I am currently using a PrintDocument to achieve this and it works. My question is is there a way to measure on my piece of paper and tell my code to print there? So let's say I want my text from cboDealer to print 4 inches from the left edge of the paper and 3 inches from the top. Can I convert this somehow?

My code so far. First for the PrintDocument:

Code:
       Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(sender As Object, e As PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PrintDocument1.PrintPage

e.Graphics.DrawString(lblVIN.Text, lblVIN.Font, Brushes.Black, 100, 100)
            e.Graphics.DrawString(cboModelYear.Text, cboModelYear.Font, Brushes.Black, 150, 100)
            e.Graphics.DrawString(cboDealer.Text, cboModelYear.Font, Brushes.Black, New Point(500, 500))

End Sub
    And then for the button I have to actually print the page through the printer.

Code:
       Private Sub cmdPrint_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles cmdPrint.Click

PrintDialog1.Document = PrintDocument1
            PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings = PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings
            PrintDialog1.AllowSomePages = True

If PrintDialog1.ShowDialog = DialogResult.OK Then
                PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings = PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings
                PrintDocument1.Print()
                ' PrintPreviewDialog1.Document = PrintPreviewDialog1.Document
                ' PrintPreviewDialog1.ShowDialog()
            End If

End Sub
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Help with e.Graphics.Drawing

Code:
    e.Graphics.DrawString(cboDealer.Text, cboModelYear.Font, Brushes.Black, New Point(4 * e.Graphics.dpiX, 3 * e.Graphics.dpiY))