• Good

2 33.33%
  • Bad

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what ThEiMp has done

Look what ThEiMp has done

Dear VBForumers,

I have been able to write a VB6 Director dialect using Visual Basic. Please look over, compile and then test for me to beta test the proceedings of my newest product, even. Thanks for the input you can put on the comments section of this Thread of mine...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Oct 31st, 2018 at 07:06 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: Look what ThEiMp has done

When opening Director.vbp, the following prompts appear:

CustomDialog.ocx could not be loaded
    ScrollBars.ocx could not be loaded
    UserFormSX.ocx could not be loaded
    MSDN.ocx could not be loaded
    QuickDirector.ocx could not be loaded

hold on I will fix that right now, before work starts for the next day, even
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Here is the updated version. you have to build the files, to the according ocx file, that it asks for...

PowerPoster

Is this about the dead product Adobe Director or something else?

Frenzied Member

@ ThEiMp
    Before zip your source code, please check it in a clean OS, with a fresh installation of VB6. You can discover many problems, you have to fix it, and then make a readme and write the recipe for building.

So sorry, I had a rush job to do before hand

Quote Originally Posted by georgekar View Post
    Before zip your source code, please check it in a clean OS, with a fresh installation of VB6. You can discover many problems, you have to fix it, and then make a readme and write the recipe for building.
    The question is after OP does all these chores what do you expect to find in the zip -- Adobe Director clone or VB vNext IDE?

On cursory glance there is some kind of auto-complete with Winsock/App/Form/Physics?/Html? classes hard-coded, each with a sequence of AddItem's to a listbox like this:

thinBasic Code:
    1. '
    2.         ElseIf strKeyWord = "Winsock" Then
    3.             With UserControl.List1
    4.                 .Clear
    5.                 .AddItem "Name"
    6.                 .AddItem "CtrlArray"
    7.                 .AddItem "SendData"
    8.                 .AddItem "GetData"
    9.                 .AddItem "Connect"
    10.                 .AddItem "Close"
    11.                 .AddItem "Error"
    12.                 .AddItem "RemotePort"
    13.                 .AddItem "LocalPort"
    14.                 .AddItem "RemoteHost"
    15.                 .AddItem "LocalHost"
    16.                 .AddItem "LcoalMachineType"
    17.                 .AddItem "RemoteMachineType"
    18.                 .AddItem "LocalGateway"
    19.                 .AddItem "RemoteGateway"
    20.                 .AddItem "Talk"
    21.                 .AddItem "Listen"

Apparently on this poll only user ThEiMp has voted with "good" yet. . .

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

Personally I did not bother, looks like a lot of effort to test this program for the OP and he does not even describe what it is or what it does, seems like a waste of time.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    Personally I did not bother, looks like a lot of effort to test this program for the OP and he does not even describe what it is or what it does, seems like a waste of time.
    Your loss. It has a 100% approval rating according to the poll....
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...

My VB6 love-children: Vee-Hive and Vee-Launcher

so then how do you guys like it, please tell me in this thread, even

It sounds to me like people want you to provide a bit more explanation of what it is and what it does before they consider trying it out.

It's a computer programming language that is a dialect of the dead language Director. Which is that of what I have brought back to life, even. please use all of the commands, to string an App together, so that I am able to test out the syntax engine, for all of the commands!!

PS: I have heard that my CustomDialog ActiveX had been used to hack Austal, so that they could zip about 75Gb of data into one file, and then compress, encrypt and then cloak the file so that it could leave their data centre, even. that is the pitts, because what on earth is wrong with my programming language, etc to do such a thing, even.

Also: Please read the MSDN that comes with the QuickDirector SX IDE, because that would then give you a better idea on the syntax of the commands, there is also source code snippets, that you can use to make blocks of source code, with.

PS: I have heard that my CustomDialog ActiveX had been used to hack Austal, so that they could zip about 75Gb of data into one file, and then compress, encrypt and then cloak the file so that it could leave their data centre, even. that is the pitts, because what on earth is wrong with my programming language, etc to do such a thing, even.
    I walked through your code of the CustomDialog, but there is nothing in it which compresses data.
    Let alone compresses 75GB of data in a single file.

And who used your ActiveX control? Did you publish it somewhere before posting it on VBForums?
    And how do you backup your claim that your component (which doesn't do anything except some basic hardcoded encryption) is used for the hack of Austal??

My CustomDialogBox ActiveX Control Object, is able to in this process -> Compress, Encrypt and then Cloak a single file, in order to compress multiple files, you have to make a ZIP or RAR file, I use Zip file inside WinRAR, because they are smaller when I use that app. Plus I bought it, even...

I downloaded the custom dialog project and there is only a basic encryption in it.
    No compressing, no archiving and no cloaking.

open the data file you make into textpad/notepad/wordpad, and then you shall see, even

I downloaded the project, read the source code and there is no compression or whatsoever, only basic encryption.

The encryption is a one-to-one copy of this old thread where you were asking for encryption source samples:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...=1#post3825485
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Private baLUT(255) As Byte, backLUT(255) As Byte '0 to 255, aka ANSI/ASCII

Private Sub InitLUT()
    Dim X As Long, Y As Long, bChr As Byte

'initialize LUT array with unique values
    For X = 0 To 255
      baLUT(X) = X
    Next X

'randomly shuffle array
    Rnd -1 'reset the rnd generator
    Randomize 1234 'use a number here for the random seed, ensuring repeatable output
    'these two random calls ensure that the follow sequence of RNDs will be the same
    For X = 1 To 255
      Y = Int(X * Rnd)
      If X <> Y Then
        bChr = baLUT(X)
        baLUT(X) = baLUT(Y)
        baLUT(Y) = bChr
      End If
    Next X

For X = 0 To 255
      backLUT(baLUT(X)) = X
    Next X
    End Sub

Private Sub FXInCipher(strIn As String, bOutString() As Byte)
    Dim X As Long
    Dim bString() As Byte
    bString = strIn
    ReDim bOutString(UBound(bString))
    For X = 0 To UBound(bString)
      bOutString(X) = baLUT(bString(X))
      Debug.Print bString(X) & ">" & bOutString(X) & ",";
    Next X
    End Sub

Private Function FXDeCipher(strIn() As Byte) As String
    Dim X As Long
    Dim bString() As Byte
    Dim bOutString() As Byte
    bString = strIn

ReDim bOutString(UBound(bString))
    For X = 0 To UBound(bString)
      bOutString(X) = backLUT(bString(X))
      Debug.Print bString(X) & "<" & bOutString(X) & ",";
    Next X
    FXDeCipher = bOutString
    End Function
    This code is 4 of the 5 forms.

Well then how do you associate the large amount of encryption from an example of 75Gb to 10 Bytes

Thats called a one way hash.
    One way because the generated sequence can not be used to recreate the original data

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Thats called a one way hash.
    One way because the generated sequence can not be used to recreate the original data
    But then you aren't allowed to work back to the old data, because of the old data is quite old and then cannot then be considered to be used on a 40Mb EIDE Internal 3.5" HDD, in which I am looking to have them reinstated, along with 1.7Mb 3.5" Internal Floppy Disk Drives, also to have special 100Mb 3.5" Backup Disks, even

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    But then you aren't allowed to work back to the old data, because of the old data is quite old and then cannot then be considered to be used on a 40Mb EIDE Internal 3.5" HDD, in which I am looking to have them reinstated, along with 1.7Mb 3.5" Internal Floppy Disk Drives, also to have special 100Mb 3.5" Backup Disks, even
    I have no idea what you are saying there, do you?

Addons.zip
    IDE.zip
    How to compile it?

Line 22: Class CustomDialogBox1.CustomDialog of control CustomDialog1 was not a loaded control class.
    Line 439: Class VisualUserFormSX.UserForm of control UserForm was not a loaded control class.
    "Unable to set version compatible component..."
    ... and so on, for each control.

I have no idea what you are saying there, do you?
    I'm bringing back old tech back from the dead zone and then back into the light of the world. so far as disk drive space for desktop client personal computers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
    How to compile it?
    Compile as Binary Project with the filename of CustomDialog.ocx, then add components to the VBP Project as CustomDialog.ocx, to all of the Projects, except UserFormSX and ScrollBars, even

Here is the Builds for the end product, hey dudes...

PowerPoster

I'm bringing back old tech back from the dead zone and then back into the light of the world. so far as disk drive space for desktop client personal computers
    The post I quoted was talking about floppy disks, zip disks and 40mb hdd and something about old data. I doubt anyone really wants any of those anymore. I've got a bunch of zip disks and 3.5 floppy disks. I think the last time one was actually used was about 20 years ago. I don't think I have ever owned an hdd that small. Any data that was on those old disks that was worth keeping got moved to CD or DVD a long long time ago.

And what has it to do with compressing and/or hashing of data? (75GB -> 10 bytes)

This thread is almost as entertaining as the Battle Programming thread... Almost.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

this thread makes no sence, even
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    this thread makes no sence, even
    That's good, because it's definitely odd.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

The post I quoted was talking about floppy disks, zip disks and 40mb hdd and something about old data. I doubt anyone really wants any of those anymore. I've got a bunch of zip disks and 3.5 floppy disks. I think the last time one was actually used was about 20 years ago. I don't think I have ever owned an hdd that small. Any data that was on those old disks that was worth keeping got moved to CD or DVD a long long time ago.
    believe it or not but gathered some old Hard/Software back in 2005
    a 286;386 and a 486 Pc with Software

my wife had a Fit when I opend those packages (still got the stuff)
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That's good, because it's definitely odd.
    well tg is right, it is entertaining

@TheImP
    sorry don't mean to be rude

Well I didn't think this up very well doing this thread, and then looking back on it, I should of used better tactic of getting it out on the open marker, even. so then here I got the product out on the open internet, in which was my first goal, when I first did the programming of it, at that

Here is my application thus far, so then guys...

PowerPoster

Saw this code all over the place in the Form_Resize events:

Code:
    With Panel
      FormLeft = .Left
      FormTop = .Top
      .Left = FormLeft
      .Top = FormTop
    Code checks out.

Goodness sure is. Because i wouldn't have used it, otherwise so

PS: Here is the ActiveX Control Objects that you need to work with the App, QuickDirector SX v1.00.00...

PowerPoster

Goodness sure is. Because i wouldn't have used it, otherwise so
    You realize that at least those last two lines do nothing at all besides waste a tiny bit of cpu time.

Well i was trying to tie up the line of processing, because it's so small app, i wanted to make it some how be able to slow down and make the users wonder how it was written to have such a long loading time. like check out the splash screen for instance, even so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast