dcsimg

Thread: Using National Weather Service SOAP Service in Visual Basic 2017

Exclamation Using National Weather Service SOAP Service in Visual Basic 2017

Hello,

I am making a weather app in Visual Basic 2017 that will use the National Weather Service's SOAP XML Service. Since this is something I haven't used before, I tried to find tutorials to help me figure out what code I need to use to get started. However, I can not find any tutorials that use VB.NET, they all have either C# or ASPX.

What would be the best methods to use in obtaining the current conditions and 12 hour forecasts (if able) via the NWS SOAP Service using a location's latitude and longitude?

Thank You For Your Help!

Re: Using National Weather Service SOAP Service in Visual Basic 2017

C# is almost exactly the same as VB, and converting the code is easy enough that there are several free online translators. In many cases it will simply be removing the ; from the end of the line of code.

ASPX is not a language, it one way of using .Net code (such as VB or C#) to create web pages... and the code you care about here (getting data from the SOAP service) is likely to be the same as in any other type of .Net project.

I recommend using one of the C# tutorials you found, and if you can't get the code working yourself, use an online C# to VB code converter. If it still doesn't work, show us the original code and the code you came up with, and tell us what the problem is.