dcsimg

Thread: An Introduction to Programming Using Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Beth Brown

An Introduction to Programming Using Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Beth Brown

Hi there, I'm a computer engineering teacher for a grade 10 class in a school in Ontario, Canada. I am currently using the book called "An Introduction to Programming Using Microsoft Visual Basic 2005" (Author: Beth Brown) to teach my class with. Grade 10 course for computer engineering is for beginners and people who are still new to VB or have limited knowledge of VB.

My question and request is if anyone has the answers or codes(or know a source to) the exercise questions in the book. I need this for my class and for myself in the future for classes in following semesters.

If anyone knows this book, I'd appreciate the help.

Sinecure devotee

Re: An Introduction to Programming Using Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Beth Brown

I don't know the book, but generally, you would check with the publishers web site for material.
    Looking at Lawrenceville Press site, I see that we're talking Textbook material here, so as a teacher, you would register to get access to the Teacher materials. Student's would register as students to get access to the Student materials.

http://irc.emcp.com/index.php?titleI...20Basic%202005

p.s. Actually, as a student you apparently don't have to log in, as the link above did provide access to the student materials automatically.
    There were three subfolders in the zip
    EXERCISE DATA FILES
    PROGRAMS IN TEXT
    REVIEW DATA FILES
    which included bitmaps and other data files necessary for the programs.
    Perhaps that is all you need, but registering as a teacher I would think would give you additional material.

The PROGRAMS IN TEXT folder had the following folders.
    BinarySearch
    BubbleSort
    Coordinates
    DiceRolls
    DynamicArrayDemo
    Greetings
    HearMeSing
    HelloWorldTiledImage
    HotDog
    HotDogII
    InputBoxDemo
    InsertionSort
    LetterOccurences
    MergeSort
    SelectionSort
    Skate
    TestCurvesAndPolygons
    TestGraphics
    TestSolidGraphics
    Tic-Tac-Toe

You can see if those seem to align with the book you have.
    Last edited by passel; Oct 12th, 2018 at 05:29 AM.

PowerPoster

I have to ask, Why would you use a book that teaches VB 2005??? That's 13 years old and VB has changed significantly since then. Visual Studio 2017 Community if free to download. I can't imagine the justification for making your students learn VB 2005.

Hyperactive Member

The fact that this is essentially a word-for-word repost of a thread from over 11 years ago (except they corrected the spelling of exercise in the meantime) makes me think this is another case of a bot that is creating duplicate threads that are many years old for some reason.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ual-Basic-2005

PowerPoster

OptiomBase1,

Nice catch, what made you look for a duplicate thread???

Hyperactive Member

I didn't intentionally...I lazily copied and pasted the part of the thread that contained the book title and author into a Google search and noticed a search result from this site which I initially assumed was the OP's post, but then noticed that it said it was from Mar 20, 2007.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    I didn't intentionally...I lazily copied and pasted the part of the thread that contained the book title and author into a Google search and noticed a search result from this site which I initially assumed was the OP's post, but then noticed that it said it was from Mar 20, 2007.
    Still a nice catch. I never have understand what motivates people to create something ( bot or any malware ) that serves no purpose except to negatively effect peoples lives. Has Nobel added a prize for "The Most Inconsiderate A$$hole"????

Serendipitous catch, then.

This is way too suspicious, so I've closed the thread. If it is legitimate, I'm sure I'll hear from the OP. If it is not, then...we'll probably hear from the OP by a different means.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing