dcsimg

Thread: css tab leaves dotted spaces

King of sapila

css tab leaves dotted spaces

Hi.

This is a bootstrap carousel. The issue here only happens on firefox and iexplorer and not chrome. The problem. if you can see it, is that on the right tab I have some small dotted lines.

This will happen if i select the right tab and then (by having the mouse keep clicked) I move the pointer outside of the <a> tab.

The CSS I am using is this:

Code:
    a.datepick:hover, 
    a.timepicker:hover,
    a.datepick.vc-selected,
    a.timepicker.vc-selected{
        background-color: white; 
        border:1px solid black;
        text-decoration: none;
    }

a.datepick:active, 
    a.timepicker:active{
       border: none;   
    }
    I thought that border none will remove the small dots but that is not the case. Again this happens on firefox and iexplorer

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  8.5 KB
    Slow as hell.

King of sapila

Re: css tab leaves dotted spaces

I've read that using outline: 0; will work.
    It works but also I've read that you must put on styles back on hover,active,focus.
    I only use hover not focus and active is the code I show. Is this going to produce any issues?
    Slow as hell.

King of sapila

Currently this works on firefox and chrome but not Iexplorer. You may need to put meta tags for IE and I'm not going to go there.
    If there is a global solution then let me know but this as much as I will search because it is not such a very important issue.
    Slow as hell.

Three posts talking to yourself - wish I could help! Hate cross browser problems like this...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

King of sapila

LOL.
    It's fun talking to yourself - see dead people too etc

Well it's not that big of a problem as I have colored the selection so even on IE you can't really miss the selected tab.
    We have some complains when the tab is not either colored or has that strange dotted. People would just go and select a different date by clicking away in avant garde style on a wrong tab and then complain that the system has a bug and it selected another date than the one they specified. Fortunately we are logging the transactions so we could see that the system does not have any bugs(at least for the selection part).
    It's just that damn dotted that lures it's victims to another selection. So I colored it and see if the problem gets reduced.

Here is the initial "problem"

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  8.3 KB

P.S. Talking to myself, I usually do this so other people can see a potential solution to a similar issue. If it helps some then I am glad, if they think I am crazy then all the better
    Last edited by sapator; Oct 12th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Slow as hell.