dcsimg

Thread: Installed ServiceStack v 3.9.33 and still get error

Lively Member

Installed ServiceStack v 3.9.33 and still get error

I installed ServiceStack.common and .text. UIn the references I do see ServiceStack.Interface but when building the code I get 2 errors.
    1.Error 1 The type 'ServiceStack.ServiceHost.IReturn' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'ServiceStack.Interfaces, Version=3.9.33.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edaadfbc3b0bb879'. J:\Information Services\VB Projects\BPMGetPLine\BPMGetPLine\Program.cs 96 13 BPMGetPLine

2. Error 2 The type 'ServiceStack.ServiceHost.IReturn`1<T0>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'ServiceStack.Interfaces, Version=3.9.33.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edaadfbc3b0bb879'. J:\Information Services\VB Projects\BPMGetPLine\BPMGetPLine\Program.cs 96 13 BPMGetPLine

In the object browser, I can see the ServiceStack.ServiceHost.IReturn. What gives? I don't even know where to look. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Installed ServiceStack v 3.9.33 and still get error

I don't know exactly how you added those references but I just used NuGet to add the ServiceStack package and it added ServiceStack.Client, ServiceStack.Common, ServiceStack.Interfaces and ServiceStack.Text as well. I then declared a variable as type IReturn and was shown that it is a member of the ServiceStack namespace. There were no issues with the declaration or build.

Note that I installed the latest version, which is 5.4.0. You can install an older version from NuGet too, although if you want version 3.9 then 3.9.71 is the most recent, so I'm not sure why you'd stick with 3.9.33. That said, I just installed version 3.9.33 and I can't see that interface at all.
    In the object browser, I can see the ServiceStack.ServiceHost.IReturn.
    Under which assembly? You say that you added Common and Text but not Interfaces. If you didn't do it via NuGet then the extra reference would need to be added manually.
    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts)
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

Lively Member

I installed it through Package Manager. Also I installed 3.9.71 with same result and version 5.04 did not have the ServiceStack.ServiceHost in the ServiceStack.Interface. You had stated you did it through NuGet. I am new to this so if you could let me know what to pick from NuGet and how to get it that would be great. Thanks.

Package Manager is NuGet. It's NuGet packages that it manages. I tend to use the GUI rather than the Console unless I can't avoid it. I right-clicked the project in the Solution Explorer, selected Manage NuGet Packages and went from there. I suspect that they have rearranged some things in version 5 and that IReturn interface that I used was the equivalent of what you're trying to use but just moved to a different namespace. I'd suggest investigating that.
    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts)
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

Lively Member

I did that with the same result. Finally after a week, the company I am working with sent me the dll. I references that and it is working. Thanks for your time though.