Thread: Is it possible to mark a Visual studi directory complete/fully documented

Fanatic Member

Is it possible to mark a Visual studi directory complete/fully documented

As projects get more in-depth and harder to maintain i find myself going over and over the folder and file structures to make sure each class has been fully documented. Some folders I have no need to view again for a long time but of course want them still in my project. Can visual studio add for example like a star, tick or anything next to a parent folder showing it's completed?

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to mark a Visual studi directory complete/fully documented

Have you considered versioning control? In addition to storing backups of your work at different stages, you can add comments for each update and see at a glance which folders have changes since your last update.

Re: Is it possible to mark a Visual studi directory complete/fully documented

.paul.'s suggestion is good advice, but I'm not sure that it answers your question directly. VS can certainly display status icons on items in the Solution Explorer because source control plugins do just that. There's nothing built in that I'm aware of that lets you just set an arbitrary icon though. I suspect that you'd have to write your own VS extension for that.