PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197

PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197
VS Code System.NotImplementedException 0x80004001 Message=The method or operation is not impl-VBForums

Thread: System.NotImplementedException 0x80004001 Message=The method or operation is not impl

System.NotImplementedException 0x80004001 Message=The method or operation is not impl

system.notimplementedexception = the method or operation is not implement

Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub calculate_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles calculate.Click
    Dim vA As Double

Dim vEk As Double

Dim vX As Double

Dim vZ As Double

'Dim vY As String

Dim five As Integer = 5

Dim two As Integer = 2

vA = A.Text

vEk = EE.Text

vX = X.Text

vZ = Z.Text

Ans.Text = Convert.ToString(Sqrt((X.Text ^ 2) - five * (Z.Text) And two * (A.Text))) + Sin(X.Text) - Cos(Z.Text((X.Text ^ 3) - (EE.Text ^ A.Text)))
    End Sub

Private Function Sin(text As String) As Integer

Throw New NotImplementedException()

End Function

Private Function Cos(text As String) As Object

End Function

Private Function Sqrt(x As Double) As Object

End Function

Private Sub ennd_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ennd.Click

Me.Close()
    End Sub

Private Sub Equation_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Equation.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Ans_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Ans.Click

End Sub

Private Sub E_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles EE.TextChanged

End Sub

End Class

can some pls help, thanks in advance

Re: System.NotImplementedException 0x80004001 Message=The method or operation is not

Firstly, if you're going to post code snippets, please using appropriate formatting tags for readability:
    vb.net Code:
    1. Public Class Form1
    2.     Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    4.     End Sub
    6.     Private Sub calculate_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles calculate.Click
    7.         Dim vA As Double
    9.         Dim vEk As Double
    11.         Dim vX As Double
    13.         Dim vZ As Double
    15.         'Dim vY As String
    17.         Dim five As Integer = 5
    19.         Dim two As Integer = 2
    21.         vA = A.Text
    23.         vEk = EE.Text
    25.         vX = X.Text
    27.         vZ = Z.Text
    29.         Ans.Text = Convert.ToString(Sqrt((X.Text ^ 2) - five * (Z.Text) And two * (A.Text))) + Sin(X.Text) - Cos(Z.Text((X.Text ^ 3) - (EE.Text ^ A.Text)))
    30.     End Sub
    32.     Private Function Sin(text As String) As Integer
    34.         Throw New NotImplementedException()
    36.     End Function
    38.     Private Function Cos(text As String) As Object
    40.         Throw New NotImplementedException()
    41.     End Function
    43.     Private Function Sqrt(x As Double) As Object
    45.         Throw New NotImplementedException()
    46.     End Function
    48.     Private Sub ennd_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles ennd.Click
    50.         Me.Close()
    51.     End Sub
    53.     Private Sub Equation_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Equation.Click
    55.     End Sub
    57.     Private Sub Ans_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Ans.Click
    59.     End Sub
    61.     Private Sub E_TextChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles EE.TextChanged
    63.     End Sub
    65. End Class
    Secondly, why are you surprised that you're getting NotImplementedExceptions thrown? It's in your own code! Did you read your own code? You have Sin, Cos and Sqrt methods that each explicitly throw a NotImplementedException so why would you expect that exception not to be thrown?

I suspect that there's something going on here that you haven't bothered to explain. You ALWAYS need to provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem. If you leave it up to us to guess or assume then there's every chance that we'll get it wrong. Why make us waste our time and yours doing that when you can just tell us everything we need to know?

I suspect what's happened is that you have written or possibly copied this line of code:
    vb.net Code:
    1. Ans.Text = Convert.ToString(Sqrt((X.Text ^ 2) - five * (Z.Text) And two * (A.Text))) + Sin(X.Text) - Cos(Z.Text((X.Text ^ 3) - (EE.Text ^ A.Text)))
    and the IDE told you that those three methods (Sqrt, Sin and Cos) weren't defined and offered to define them for you, which offer you accepted. In that case, the IDE would generate a method signature based on your usage and it would added that line that throws a NotImplementedException. The idea is that you are supposed to replace that line with your implementation of the method. The IDE doesn't magically produce the implementation as well as the declaration. It's up to you how you want your methods implemented.

The thing is, you shouldn't have accepted that offer. What you should have done is written that original line of code properly in the first place. The .NET Framework already has Sqrt, Sin and Cos methods as members of the Math class and it is almost certainly those methods that you should be calling. I'm not sure why you aren't doing that already - maybe you copied that code form somewhere that imported the Math class but you didn't copy the import. Regardless, get rid of those method definitions from your code and then use the Math class for those operations and you should be good to go.
    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts)
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL