dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] when i press start it doesn't show all of my buttons/forms/or anything. HELP! xx

Resolved [RESOLVED] when i press start it doesn't show all of my buttons/forms/or anything. HELP! xx

When I press start the form I have created all the textboxes and buttons disappear and the labels name change back to label 1, label 2, etc.

Name:  The student room 1.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  31.8 KB
    Name:  The student room 2.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  23.8 KB

The first one shows what I have done on my forms, Then the second one is when I have clicked start.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Re: when i press start it doesn't show all of my buttons/forms/or anything. HELP! xx

Without seeing your code or what properties are set we can't magically know the answer.

PowerPoster

Re: when i press start it doesn't show all of my buttons/forms/or anything. HELP! xx

We especially need to see any code in the Form Events like the Form Load, Shown, Paint events.

My guess you must either deleted, copied, or pasted too many controls... alot of back and forth rewriting your code, which probably corrupted your project's designer file (Form1.Designer.vb).

You'll gonna have to rebuild your project, but don't copy and paste controls. If you need so many of the same control, pull that control as many times as you need from VB's Toolbox, or build them dynamically at runtime. Also, I like to tests code in temporary projects before I add them to the main. Multiple project versions also helps.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Sep 15th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

I've seen this happen where you're running "old code" rather than the current code base. It happens from time to time, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme of reason to it. It just happens. The easiest way to fix it is to (when not running the program) delete the bin and debug (or release depending on the build type) folders... then re-build and run the app... that should clear it up.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *