dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Updated Access DB table can not be shown on VB components

Resolved [RESOLVED] Updated Access DB table can not be shown on VB components

Name:  log DB Problem.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  21.8 KB

As seen above the Log Table the one in the middle has extra new columns (Exper1,Exper2 ......,Exper6)
    That happened after I updated the Access file.

Now everything is okay but when trying to bind a Comobox for example, data from Log Table are not able to be shown but other tables are okay and shown smoothly..

I want to know what prevents Log Table from being used with components after binding them and how to delete extra columns without effecting anything?

Re: Updated Access DB table can not be shown on VB components

You would delete them by deleting them. As for your issue, you're going to need to provide more information than that.
    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts)
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    You would delete them by deleting them. As for your issue, you're going to need to provide more information than that.
    the problem was I needed to make some changes to the Log Table so for that I made the changes on an external Access file then I copy pasted that Access file inside every file and sub file inside my project and replaced the old ones with the new updated one I made changes to..

then I tried to make sure all changes are there and it was there after refreshing the everything related to this database.

The problem now is when I tried to add one combobox and bind it to the table that worked but when I debug I cant see any data in on combobox component and it's totally clear.

if i bind the combobox to other table in the same database it will work fine after debugging.

Actually The table (Log) is the only table I made changes to..

for the deleting issue I think I can delete but I was just wondering if that needs some think I don't know and might effect the project.

the problem was I needed to make some changes to the Log Table so for that I made the changes on an external Access file then I copy pasted that Access file inside every file and sub file inside my project and replaced the old ones with the new updated one I made changes to..

then I tried to make sure all changes are there and it was there after refreshing the everything related to this database.

The problem now is when I tried to add one combobox and bind it to the table that worked but when I debug I cant see any data in on combobox component and it's totally clear.

if i bind the combobox to other table in the same database it will work fine after debugging.

Actually The table (Log) is the only table I made changes to..

for the deleting issue I think I can delete but I was just wondering if that needs some think I don't know and might effect the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Joye View Post
    I cant see any data in on combobox component and it's totally clear.
    What does that actually mean? Are there no items? Are there items but no text displayed for those items? Something else? Be specific.
    You don't need to ask us anything that you can simply test for yourself. Just make a copy of your solution folder and then do it and see what happens. If it breaks, restore the copy and THEN ask the question, explaining what happened when you tried to do it yourself as part of the problem. Do first, ask questions later.

What does that actually mean? Are there no items? Are there items but no text displayed for those items? Something else? Be specific.
    Yes, there are items but no text displayed for them.

And for the deleting problem I did what you explaind but ended with unhappy results.
    Donít worry about it I think I can solve it if the main problem solved.

Yes, there are items but no text displayed for them.
    That suggests to me that you have set the DisplayMember of the ComboBox to the name of a column in the DataTable that contains no data.

That suggests to me that you have set the DisplayMember of the ComboBox to the name of a column in the DataTable that contains no data.

I checked that but it wasn't the problem.

I actually found a new DataSet Added by mistake and when I deleted this new DataSet it worked fine.

So Problem solved
    Thank you very much..