Thread: OAuth 2.0

Question OAuth 2.0

Hi, Someone has already found a sample to connect with OAuth 2.0 to a service ?
    I would have like to improve his code (google services ) : http://www.luigimicco.altervista.org...hp/vbgcalendar

PowerPoster

Re: OAuth 2.0

I have code working to connect to Dropbox but never conected to Google.

and it's use an OAuth authentification ? (I thinks so) Maybe can we create a github about

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by christ62 View Post
    and it's use an OAuth authentification ? (I thinks so) Maybe can we create a github about
    Yes. OK, I'll upload what I have here. Please wait a moment.

I just follow you (EduardoVB ?)

PowerPoster

No, here it is.

It was part of a project that I abandoned.
    My idea was to sell some "Cloud controls" and I started with Dropbox which was something I needed, but found that Dropbox had changed its API in the few months that I was developing the project, so I decided to leave it. They are worse than MS. I cannot sell a component that will work only until they decide to change the API.

I just took from that project only the part related to the autentication but there must be still much dead code left to delete.

The program needs to make the user to log-in to get the token once, then store the token locally to use it the next time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hum ok. I'll try ah home to re-use your code to generate a Oauth connexion to gg

https://github.com/wqweto/VbGcp

There is a sample application that logs user on and retrieves tokens for the service.

Finally cGcpOAuth is a helper class for OAuth2 user authentication in Installed Application mode. It uses Google Accounts to validate user login and to acquire user consent on accessing GCP service. Then it retrieves OAuth2 refresh_token from accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token service which can be stored and later used to retrieve OAuth access_token for GCP service without showing another login screen.
    This code is pretty dated so might not work w/ current cloud print service at all.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    https://github.com/wqweto/VbGcp

There is a sample application that logs user on and retrieves tokens for the service.

This code is pretty dated so might not work w/ current cloud print service at all.

cheers,
    </wqw>
    I thought I would take another look at this, and I noticed that you have been working on it in the last few days. As of December 31, 2020, Google Cloud Print is no longer supported, and I noticed that some of the registry settings have been changed to reflect "Email".

Any comments?

J.A. Coutts

Quote Originally Posted by couttsj View Post
    Any comments?
    Just fixed source files line endings to vbCrLf in latest commit.

No idea if OAuth code there works at all nowadays (that's why the repo is archived).

I just removed this code from any of our applications when cloudprinting got sunset.

cheers,
    </wqw>