dcsimg

Thread: GMAP could not find assembly

GMAP could not find assembly

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b85b9027b614afef' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b85b9027b614afef'

i Have this referenced in project with correct version , along with 2 other GMAP references all 1.7.5.0 (GMAP Core, and GMAP Windows Presentation, and WindowsForms)
    and copy local set to true. What else am i missing?

If I copy the DLL to the local folder it start working, shouldn't copy local do that?
    Last edited by SamCam15; Aug 31st, 2018 at 06:26 AM.

Re: GMAP could not find assembly

When is this exception being thrown? Is it when you run the project in the debugger? Are you saying that, even with Copy Local set to True for the reference, the appropriate DLL is not automatically copied to your output folder with your EXE?

Yeah, apparently copy local does nothing on our app, I thought it did cause it was one thing I set for Crystal Report to work previously, but it was just the right version that was required, bit and edition.
    On our app we have a table on SQL with required files, and a mapped local folder, the app has a helper app that runs to install new version over existing, pretty sweet, but no documentation..haha not even a little bit.
    So this is now working on our app.

Yeah, apparently copy local does nothing on our app, I thought it did cause it was one thing I set for Crystal Report to work previously, but it was just the right version that was required, bit and edition.
    On our app we have a table on SQL with required files, and a mapped local folder, the app has a helper app that runs to install new version over existing, pretty sweet, but no documentation..at all, not even a little bit.
    So this is now working on our app.

I don't know what to tell you. I've never known the use of Copy Local set to True not cause that DLL to be copied to the output folder. I'd suggest creating a new test project and referencing the same library and setting Copy Local to True again and see if the same thing happens. Maybe there's something broken in that project.