Thread: [HELP] KERALA FLOOD - Requesting Help & Prayers

Post [HELP] KERALA FLOOD - Requesting Help & Prayers

Hi all,

Some of you might be already aware by now that Kerala (South of India) is affected by heavy rainfall and flooding during the past couple of days.
    Many lost their lives and many lost their homes during landslides and many submerged under water because of the flooding.

If you want to know more details about the havoc, please google "kerala flood"
    Am attaching a couple of links for your information:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...012-2018-08-15

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65418310.cms

In some cities, people are still stranded in the balconies/top floors, awaiting for the navy helicopters/small boats to reach them for rescue.
    Almost half the population of Kerala has been affected by this rain & flooding. Many are in temporary shelters arranged by the government and many volunteers and the officials are collecting food and necessary items(like blankets, medicines, etc.) at various collection points and supplying it to them.

As a Keralite, I request each one of you to pray for the people of Kerala as well as to kindly donate (anything, if possible) to help us overcome this natural disaster.
    You can make the donations directly to the Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund. News link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65415305.cms

Btw, am living in the capital city of Kerala called Trivandrum and my house is located at lower area with a river nearby (Karamana River) too. Though the river has reached almost to the brim, and if the rains continue at my place for a couple of more days, my house might be submerged too. But right now, my house is safe.

So kindly do whatever help you can for the people of Kerala. Kindly spread the news too.

Thank you

Name:  cmo_account_details.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  52.8 KB

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: [HELP] KERALA FLOOD - Requesting Help & Prayers

Wow. Well my best wishes are with you and I hope you're OK.

I'm afraid to say that this disaster has barely surfaced in the press over here (UK) and all we seem to be talking about is e-cigarettes. Speaks volumes about our priorities.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I hadn't heard about that at all. It doesn't appear to be getting any press in the US. Of course, we are having our own disasters, at the moment, though they are the result of the lack of rain rather than an excess of it. I've only seen clear skies once or twice this month, but it's actually pretty tolerable. At this time last year, the fires were closer and the smoke was thicker. It got so bad in early September that people were told not to go outside due to bad air. That's our summer. Fires don't tend to kill as many people as floods, though. The property damage is often a bit less, as well, though property that does get damaged tends to be damaged completely.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Both the BBC and CNN have done stories on this but they have been brief and thin on detail. These kinds of disasters are tragedies many families and communities never fully recover from.

You'd think with all of that rain, water would be the least of their troubles. But this kind of thing can make clean drinking water hard to come by due to dam releases to avoid damage and flooding that can contaminate reservoirs. Roads and railways can be a mess, underwater and later full of mud. All of that on top of home and building damage. Not to mention the direct loss of life.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

It's started to bubble up in the news now but I'm surprised how long it took and how little coverage it's getting. I suspect that this mostly because, with fires in Greece and France and Bridge collapses in Italy, we're kind of all disastered out.

Our thoughts are still with you though and I hope you cone through OK
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd