Thread: [Visual Studio] OMG!! Multi-caret editing, where have you been my whole life!

[Visual Studio] OMG!! Multi-caret editing, where have you been my whole life!

For those that didn't look up the patch notes on the latest Visual Studio 15.8, it now has multi-caret editing.

Say you'd like to edit 20 lines at once... you can now left-click to place the caret at the first line, then ctrl-alt-lt-click on each of the other 19 lines to drop the caret onto them as well.
    Then what you type affects all lines at once! Holy cow! Why hasn't this been a feature before? How many times have I changed some reference and then had to copy-paste and left-click, ctrl-v, left-click, ctrl-v, left-click, ctrl-v to update a whole structure.

I'm sure the VIM and EMACS guys will now tell me something like "oh, we've had that for years..."
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

Re: [Visual Studio] OMG!! Multi-caret editing, where have you been my whole life!

Gigitty!