dcsimg

Thread: Gave user the ability to send email - now they want...

Gave user the ability to send email - now they want...

I added capability for my users to send email through my web app - Ajax calls back to IIS running VB.Net and we connect to SMTP and send emails.

Now they want to do bold and italics and underline and I'm sure this list will grow...

What are my options for doing this with a simple HTML element? I'm using jQuery if that matters...

Thanks!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: Gave user the ability to send email - now they want...

I think thejqxEditor is the most commonly used component in this case.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=jqxeditor
    I think it's even the editor used here in the advance mode, but I'm not sure.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *