Thread: After Installing fresh windows, why my previous windows settings restore

Addicted Member

After Installing fresh windows, why my previous windows settings restore

HI.

I have a Desktop System, in which I Installed windows 8.1. I deleted all the partitions during the installation and then created brand new partitions. I Installed windows 8.1 in First ( C ) Partition. When windows loaded up for the first time after installation, so It picked up the same settings of previous windows.
    Means that My Desktop wallpaper was same, my registry files were same. Folders were same in C partition.

I thought that I have committed some mistake, I reinstalled the windows 8.1 and followed same above-mentiond steps. But when windows loaded up for the first time, so same previous settings were picked.

When I was working with windows 98 and XP, so there was a software called DM (Disk Manager). I used to use it, and it could completely format and delete the entire disk partitions and would have the option to create new partition through DM.

Question?

1. What is wrong with my system? I have installed the antivirus and scanned entire computer but did catch any warning even.

2. If (due to some experts) there is some virus inside my partitions, so how do I completely remove, format and delete the entire partitions?

3. If DM is still exist, so how do I use it?

Thanks.

Re: After Installing fresh windows, why my previous windows settings restore

Are you logging in with a Microsoft account? If so, the settings are probably just being synchronised using that. If you have removed partitions and then created new ones then I don't see how you could be reusing anything that was installed before but, if you want to be doubly sure, do a full format on the new partition when you reinstall.

Re: After Installing fresh windows, why my previous windows settings restore

Instructions on how to install with formatting:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clea...or-8-1-2626254