Thread: [RESOLVED] Resize and Position Window

Resolved [RESOLVED] Resize and Position Window

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum and look forward to learning as much as possible.

I'm working on a navigation form in Access (I chose Access for several reasons, 1)since I'm not in out IT department they won't trust me with a dev environment, 2) I like that I can run an Access form outside of the shell, 3) I'm most familiar with VBA).

The form will be used to open and close applications (excel, executables, etc.). I'm designing my form to display on the right side of the monitor (maybe a 1/6 of the screen). I have the functions and subs to open, close, hide, and restore as I need. Now I just need to learn how to set the size of the windows and how to position the windows where I need (the right side of the screen taking up the remaining 5/6 of the monitor).

Can someone please help me through this process?

Please keep in mind if I need handles and class names I do not have Spy++ (IT won't let me). But I do have ProcessExplorer (not sure if it provides what I need).

Thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to help out.

- Justin

Re: Resize and Position Window

Many thanks to Google and the following link for everything I needed:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...um=Vsexpressvb

Hope this helps other as well

Hyperactive Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Resize and Position Window

Quote Originally Posted by justair07 View Post
    Please keep in mind if I need handles and class names I do not have Spy++ (IT won't let me). But I do have ProcessExplorer (not sure if it provides what I need).
    I don't remember if Process Explorer has any window spying capabilities, but Process Hacker comes with a Window Explorer plugin that will give you that information and more. It has a portable version so you'll probably want to download that in case you aren't allowed to install anything.