Thread: JQuery and SQL Server?

PowerPoster

JQuery and SQL Server?

I am new to web development and was wondering if it's possible to use JQuery to add, update and delete rows from a SQL Server database? If so, can someone point to some documentation?

Thanks,
    Blake

Re: JQuery and SQL Server?

jQuery is a client-side technology, so no. You can use jQuery to pass data back to a web server and then save the data to the database from there. I've never used JavaScript server-side but I think something like Node.js is what you'd use if you didn't want to go with ASP.NET or the like.

PowerPoster

That's what I was looking for!

Thank you sir!
    Blake

If you are going to use MS SQL why do you NOT want to use MS ASP.Net to communicate with the MS database product?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

PowerPoster

I'm just trying to see what other options are out there worth learning. ASP.Net is what I have been using thus far.
    Blake

Honestly, I'd get out of the MS stack completely. Use something else besides SQL Server. That opens up a whole new world of possibilities. These last 6-7 weeks at my new job I've gone neck deep into Spring Boot, React, Redux, Semantic-UI, Postgres, Docker... and I'm having fun with it. Some of it was a little hard to wrap my head around initially, but once you get the basics down, the pieces just fall into place and it becomes really intuitive. Well, it did to me.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Thanks tech...that's kinda how I'm looking at it.
    Blake