Thread: Design Assistance

Design Assistance

I am creating a "business metrics" page that will allow insurance agents to track their premium, policy count, and cancellations for both their P&C (auto, home, etc.) production as well as their financial (life, retirement, etc.) production. I am kind of struggling on designing how the webpage should look. The agents will need to be able to chose the data between month-to-date, year-to-date, all data, and then a custom date range. There are two fixtures on the webpage that cannot be changed, the header and the sidebar. What I was thinking was something like this:
    Name:  business metrics.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  25.8 KB

But what I don't like about it is that it looks like the data runs into each other. What are y'all's suggestions?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Design Assistance

I think that ultimately I will have the filters like this and fill up a single table via AJAX.

Nice and easy to use - great date picker, I've not seen that yet.

I need to upgrade my version of jQuery badly - I'm stuck in something that was modern 7 years ago!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Here is an attached screenshot of what I'm actually using. I added a show/hide filters link to toggle the visibility of the filters:
    Name:  business metrics.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  23.9 KB

Add some easy jqPlot graphing - it's nice and quick and animated options available!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008