dcsimg

Design Assistance

I am creating a "business metrics" page that will allow insurance agents to track their premium, policy count, and cancellations for both their P&C (auto, home, etc.) production as well as their financial (life, retirement, etc.) production. I am kind of struggling on designing how the webpage should look. The agents will need to be able to chose the data between month-to-date, year-to-date, all data, and then a custom date range. There are two fixtures on the webpage that cannot be changed, the header and the sidebar. What I was thinking was something like this:
    Name:  business metrics.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  25.8 KB

But what I don't like about it is that it looks like the data runs into each other. What are y'all's suggestions?

Re: Design Assistance

I think that ultimately I will have the filters like this and fill up a single table via AJAX.

Nice and easy to use - great date picker, I've not seen that yet.

I need to upgrade my version of jQuery badly - I'm stuck in something that was modern 7 years ago!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Here is an attached screenshot of what I'm actually using. I added a show/hide filters link to toggle the visibility of the filters:
    Name:  business metrics.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  23.9 KB

Add some easy jqPlot graphing - it's nice and quick and animated options available!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008