Thread: Something strange happened when working in MS Access.

Post Something strange happened when working in MS Access.

While working on the Access database, a power failure occurred and the file closed unexpectedly. However, the last actions were not saved - the backup worked, but not completely. Is it possible to do something about this. I don't want to redo the work again. I hope for your help.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Something strange happened when working in MS Access.

Welcome to the forum.

It's hard to answer your question with the info you've given.

the backup worked, but not completely
    You'd really have to specify what "Not Completely" means. Id expect a backup to work or not. If it was only half backed up then, to all intents and purposes, it's not backed up at all. If anything, I'd expect it to be corrupt and unusable.

Broadly, you can restore any successful backup which will restore your database to the exact point in time that the backup was taken. Any work carried out after that point won't be available and would have to be repeated. I can't imagine how any work that hadn't been saved would be recoverable as it wouldn't have been in the dbf file to be backed up in the first place.

Sorry, I think that's probably not the news you wanted to hear.

Edit> Wait, by "backup" are you referring to the autosave feature where access maintains a recover file - similar to Word, Excel etc? If so, I'm afraid the news still isn't good. Allowing it to recover from that will restore to the point it last autosaved but any work you did after that point would be lost.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; May 18th, 2018 at 03:47 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Re: Something strange happened when working in MS Access.

The repair method attempts to recover only the tables, indexes and queries in the database. Do not attempt to repair damaged forms, reports, macros and modules. Before executing the Compact and Repair tool, please ensure the following condition or helpful resources that advise professionals microsoft access mdb repair tool

http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.12).aspx

http://www.mdb.repair/

1. Do not open Access database must closed

2. Sufficient storage space available - minimum double in size of your Access database on that Disk.

3. Close the .mdb file related to .ldb file before you delete the .ldb file.

4. Then Run the Compact and Repair tool