Thread: I can't take this anymore! I need help!

I can't take this anymore! I need help!

Hi.

A few weeks ago I had Windows 10 Pro LEGACY and I heard that there was a different version of the windows which is Windows 10 Pro UEFI, so I reinstalled my OS to Windows 10 Pro UEFI. After that i've updated my computer to the latest windows version which was at the time build 1803 and i've started to notice an issue, my mouse was freezing for a split second and that also caused the audio to be buzzy and interrupted and also the video to be lagging. Since then i've tried EVERYTHING, i've even contacted microsoft support to help me which resulted in a catastrophic failure, I don't know where they find their employees but they broke my windows and was stuck in an infinite loop. Also tried to fix it even with cmd commands but I was unable to succeed. So I reinstalled my OS AGAIN to Windows 10 Pro UEFI. Now the problem is i've tried everything updating my drivers, video card. But that wouldn't even matter because i've freaking reinstalled my windows, a clean installation, and I don't know what to do, I can't live with this anylonger, I'm really really limited to the things I can do this computer since the issue. Right now my pc is completely clean i've just installed drivers and utilities. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
    - i7-8700k
    - Geforce GTS 250
    - M2 960 Pro 512GB
    - Kingston Hyper X Predator 3000mhz
    - Asus motherboard z370-E
    - HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Problem:
    - Freezing for a split second.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NoConnection_; May 17th, 2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: misspelled

King of sapila

Re: I can't take this anymore! I need help!

My first advise is to use Windows7. Very high quality PC to spoil with windows 10. If you don't want to then:
    Make sure that you have updated everything, hardware wise, to the latest drivers, especially the CPU firmware.
    Asus motherboards are known to cause issues in random occasions on w10.
    Try a different mouse and a different USB port.
    Bios diagnostics. I do not know if Asus have it but I guess such an expensive MB would have a bios diagnostics somewhere, non?
    I had a mouse lag issue before and the problem was my memory. Try plugging to a different slot or if you have a backup memory, they to use it.
    UEFI and UEFA and UFAA. I hope that this is not a laptop. If so, see that you have the air slots unblocked.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

What benefit were you expecting by converting the BIOS mode from Legacy to UEFI? Was it just about future-proofing?

Why not simply use "windows 10 pro LEGACY"?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Why not simply use "windows 10 pro LEGACY"?
    Because UEFI is newer, faster, and mainly better. Plus I don't know why would my computer could not handle UEFI as my problem started after the build 1803 update of windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    What benefit were you expecting by converting the BIOS mode from Legacy to UEFI? Was it just about future-proofing?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    My first advise is to use Windows7. Very high quality PC to spoil with windows 10. If you don't want to then:
    Make sure that you have updated everything, hardware wise, to the latest drivers, especially the CPU firmware.
    Asus motherboards are known to cause issues in random occasions on w10.
    Try a different mouse and a different USB port.
    Bios diagnostics. I do not know if Asus have it but I guess such an expensive MB would have a bios diagnostics somewhere, non?
    I had a mouse lag issue before and the problem was my memory. Try plugging to a different slot or if you have a backup memory, they to use it.
    UEFI and UEFA and UFAA. I hope that this is not a laptop. If so, see that you have the air slots unblocked.
    No it's not a laptop it's a desktop computer and it's not just my mouse that is freezing it's also the audio and video

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Because i've heard that it's in general better and faster

Faster?? It's about a different type of BIOS

In general, we recommend installing Windows using the newer UEFI mode, as it includes more security features than the legacy BIOS mode. If you're booting from a network that only supports BIOS, you'll need to boot to legacy BIOS mode.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...gacy-bios-mode

Nothing about Windows being faster, only being able to use a different HD layout (GPT instead of MBR)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-ef5eb182f29d

So if you have problems using your current hardware with the UEFI then I would suggest to go back to Legacy

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoConnection_ View Post
    ...my problem started after the build 1803 update of windows 10.
    Then why don't you roll back to 1709 or whatever you were on and delay future feature updates to keep 1803 from installing until it's really stable (there have been many issues reported)???

Quote Originally Posted by topshot View Post
    Then why don't you roll back to 1709 or whatever you were on and delay future feature updates to keep 1803 from installing until it's really stable (there have been many issues reported)???
    I couldn't it wouldn't take me back. Anyways I fixed it, all I did was execute the reset BIOS method manually by opening the computer and following the instructions to reset my BIOS manually from my motherboard z370-e manual, after I booted up the computer, my BIOS was back to default and my issue was fixed aswell.