Thread: Changing the orientation of an Image?

PowerPoster

Changing the orientation of an Image?

I have some ImageButton controls on a WebForm. Some of the Images orientation are off...meaning that if you were to look at the raw image, the orientation is correct. However, some of them are sideways rather than vertical. Is there a way to check and change the orientation of the image?

Thanks
    Blake

Re: Changing the orientation of an Image?

Orientation information for images is on the EXIF data of the image. Are you working with Image objects in C# or are you simply setting the 'src' attribute of an 'img' tag? If it's the former then this may be useful:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...er-orientation

If it's the latter then this thread probably belongs in ASP.NET and you'll need to look for a web-based solution. I found this:

https://codepen.io/movii/pen/MJzRYr

The language doesn't help and it's not clear to me ay a glance either, but it might be a place to start. If nothing else, using EXIF as an extra keyword in searching should help.

King of sapila

Re: Changing the orientation of an Image?

If there is not ready to go function on imagebutton, I haven't tried or looked but I would guess that a binded bitmap could work like: (VB)\

Code:
     Using sbmp As New Bitmap(strImageSource)
      Case "90"
                                        sbmp.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate90FlipNone)
                                    Case "180"
                                        sbmp.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate180FlipNone)
                                    Case "270"
                                        sbmp.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
    end using
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·