Thread: [RESOLVED] Is there a way on crystal to maintain specific distance between objects?

King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] Is there a way on crystal to maintain specific distance between objects?

Hi.
    What I need to do is have a Name and Surname in the same row.

So something like Name: XX Surname: XXX
    My issue here is how I can do something like this (the name gets bigger):
    Name:XXXXXXXX Surname:XXX
    This will get on top or beneath the surname value. I need some way to "push" the surname and it's value to the right so it does not get covered.
    And no If I use the can grow trick it will not cover the lastname but it will still not show the full firstname as it stops at the text object boundaries.

This is Crystal Report Document on visual Studio 2015.

Edit:
    I could use SQL (since this comes from SQL) to join the Name and Surname but I prefer not to as we might end up using different Fonts for each one.
    Edit:2
    I am currently changed the SQL to do a Fist + Lastname but I would still like to know if there is a way to do what I want.
    Last edited by sapator; Apr 13th, 2018 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Edit is something personal to everyone.Just believe in edit and you will get far on your life...
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

Re: Is there a way on crystal to maintain specific distance between objects?

if i remember correctly you can define a text element to contain "Name: {FirstName}, Surname: {LastName}" and Crystal will insert the vars FirstName and LastName to the string.

King of sapila

Re: Is there a way on crystal to maintain specific distance between objects?

Hi.
    Strangely enough I have tried this in my first attempt before posting.
    So I tried again and this will only work if I drag and drop the items and not write them by hand.
    So thanks, although I have used the first+lastname solution by now.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Is there a way on crystal to maintain specific distance between object

yes, thats correct, now that you mention it i do remember: you Need to drag/drop the field into the text field to get it embedded as {field}.