Thread: New install RTE 339 Comdlg32.ocx a file missing or invalid, been stuck on this

New install RTE 339 Comdlg32.ocx a file missing or invalid, been stuck on this

a long time. VB6 SP6 the app works great across XP to 10. It's the installer I'm hung on, or more importantly what I'm not installing. I have an old Install Shield installer that will install everything correctly. And after that my new installs (NSIS) work 100%, even if you uninstall the original. I have put together list after list of dll's, ocx's it may be missing, various ways of supplying the VB runtime files, used resource monitors, total uninstallers and recently setup and built the exe on the target platform (win 7) to see if this error would finally go away. If anyone has any idea of what else to try I would appreciate it. The ding - crash when it's run after the 4743rd install attempt has gotten painfully old.

Re: New install RTE 339 Comdlg32.ocx a file missing or invalid, been stuck on this

Re: New install RTE 339 Comdlg32.ocx a file missing or invalid, been stuck on this

Thank you for those links, they put me on track to possibly a solution. At least I got the app to run on my test machine for the first time. What I found was Comdlg32.ocx would not register and the error said to "search the internet" for the error code to find out why, so I did. Found this rather obscure post on MS community that said I need to register "wmnetmgr.dll" (in the system32 dir) and then register comdlg32.ocx (in the syswow64 dir). And boom, everything works!

Thanks for the update.