Thread: [RESOLVED] Internet connection disconnected

Resolved [RESOLVED] Internet connection disconnected

Is there a built in app or a downloadable app that will count the times in any given period of time that you have lost you internet connection? Where we live we use Spectrum (TWC) and our connection is constantly being dropped. We have brought this to their attention repeatedly and they have yet to resolve the issue. In the last 3 days we have had 2 different techs come over and work on our modem and wiring, the problem still persists.
    Thanks
    CoachBarker

Code Bank Contribution
    Login/Manage Users/Navigate Records
    VB.Net | C#

Helpful Links: VB.net Tutorial | C Sharp Tutorial | SQL Basics

Re: Internet connection disconnected

Check outside and see if you have the older A/B "Dual Line" coming from the telephone pole.

I was in your shoes for a couple of years...but the dropping issue mainly happened when it was real hot outside. TWC replaced everything a few times until they discovered the older outside line.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Nope, coaxial cable as far as I can see. They replaced the line from the pole to the house and said the rest of the street had been done recently. Replaced a few lines in the basement that were older coax. Right now through cmd prmt am running a ping timer to Google. See how that works. It seems to happen most when I open a new browser, but not restricted to that.
    Thanks
    CoachBarker

Code Bank Contribution
    Login/Manage Users/Navigate Records
    VB.Net | C#

Helpful Links: VB.net Tutorial | C Sharp Tutorial | SQL Basics

If you don't have your modem/router on a UPS, you might try putting it on one. Brief power glitches that you wouldn't even notice can also play havoc with your modem/router and connection.

PowerPoster

I haven't downloaded a current version in a long time, but Ping Plotter had (and presumably still has) a free version of their software that works great for troubleshooting this type of thing. It will let you see graphs of all ping stats for all hops between yourself and the destination, which may narrow down where the issue is. You can configure how often a ping is sent and how many past ping results to keep track of for statistical purposes.