Thread: How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation on Slideshow Mode into a Windows form

Lively Member

Exclamation How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation on Slideshow Mode into a Windows form

Hi, my project requires that I be able to play PowerPoint Presentations in slideshow mode (pps) within my application. I tried to use interop but it only opened PowerPoint outside my application. I was told I can use a web browser control but I have absolutely no idea how that control works. Can somebody please shed some light if what I am trying to do is possible?

Re: How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation on Slideshow Mode into a Windows form

With regard to the WebBrowser control, it works pretty much exactly like an instance of Internet Explorer. In IE, you can type a PowerPoint file path into the address bar and it will load the PowerPoint ActiveX control and load the file, just as in a PowerPoint instance. The same goes for a WebRowser control. You just call Navigate and provide the file path.

Lively Member

Re: How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation on Slideshow Mode into a Windows form

Hmmm sorry would you mind giving an example about the navigate part?

I don't provide examples of anything that simple.

Addicted Member

webbrwoser1.navigate(yourpath)

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beanoid View Post
    webbrwoser1.navigate(yourpath)
    But this only opens the ppt application and not run the ppt within the app

Quote Originally Posted by astrid22 View Post
    But this only opens the ppt application and not run the ppt within the app
    If the path is to a PPT file then it will open that file. If the presentation in that file is configured to run automatically then it will do so. I don't actually know whether that's possible but I would have thought that it would be.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    If the path is to a PPT file then it will open that file. If the presentation in that file is configured to run automatically then it will do so. I don't actually know whether that's possible but I would have thought that it would be.

I tried to open a pps file but it only opened ppt application as well. I read about dsoframer, but I can no longer find it in Microsoft's website.

I can't really tell you any more. The WebBrowser control simply loads the same ActiveX control that IE loads so it can do whatever IE can do and not do what IE can't do.