Thread: Network connection may have been lost.

Network connection may have been lost.

This error occurs when i opening Microsoft Outlook*2016 window. I had no trouble using the old version of Outlook.
    Please help!

Re: Network connection may have been lost.

That seems to suggest that Outlook cannot connect to a remote server. If that's the case and the network connection genuinely hasn't been lost then it may be that a repair/reinstall is the easiest option as determining the source of erroneous errors like this can be rather time-consuming. If that doesn;t work then I'm afraid I have no better suggestions.

Re: Network connection may have been lost.

Create a new profile
    Your profile contains your Outlook settings. Occasionally, that profile can become corrupted. You can determine if it's corrupt by creating a new profile and changing which profile is used when Outlook starts.

1. To open the Control Panel, do one of the following:

- In Control Panel, make sure the View by box in the upper-right corner is set to Category.

- Choose Mail.

- In the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box, choose Show Profiles > Add.

- Mail property sheet used to add or remove a profile for your Outlook account

- In the Profile Name box, type the name you want to use for your new profile.

- New Outlook mail profile being set up for kerimills

- On the Auto Account Setup page for the Add Account Wizard, under E-mail Account, fill in Your Name, E-mail Address, and Password, and then choose Next.

- Use Auto Account Setup to add email account as part of newly created profile for Outlook

- Choose Finish and you'll find the new profile name you added listed on the General tab in the Mail dialog box.

- Under When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile, choose Prompt for a profile to be used, and then choose OK.

2. Use a different profile

- Restart Outlook

- In the drop-down list in the Choose Profile dialog box, choose the new profile name you created.

- Choose profile dialog box with the name of the new profile

- Choose OK.
    Should you decide to remove a profile, back up the data files first. All offline cached content will be deleted when you choose Remove.
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:17 PM.