Thread: The strange case of the missing XmlTextWriter

Unhappy The strange case of the missing XmlTextWriter

Well this is strange, VS 2017 c#

Added using System.xml and then proceeded to try and declare a new XmlTextWriter.

It simply ain't there Kids, someone stole it, MS changed it somehow, I'm confused.

Tried the References -> add references -> system.xml and same result.

Anyone else struck this issue.

Re: The strange case of the missing XmlTextWriter

Well according to the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...ramework-4.7.1) they recommend that
    Starting with the .NET Framework 2.0, we recommend that you use the XmlWriter class instead.
    -tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: The strange case of the missing XmlTextWriter

The documentation does indicate that the XmlTextWriter class should still be available, even in .NET 4.7.1, but I can't even see it in the Object Explorer. Of course, anything that they have been recommending not be used ever since .NET 2.0, which is over a decade old, should not be being added to new code and only supported in existing code that was written all those years ago.