Thread: DataGridViewAutofilter: Could not load file..

Addicted Member

DataGridViewAutofilter: Could not load file..

Hi all,
    In my project I added in Referencs file DatagridViewAutofilter.dll and, after buiding it, exe file works fine on my pc.

Afterwards I copied exe file on another PC but, when I launch exe file that visualizes datagridview I obtained following error message:
    Code:
    Could not Load file or assembly "DataGridViewAutofilter"....Public Key Token=null or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    What am I missing?

Thank in advanced

gio

Re: DataGridViewAutofilter: Could not load file..

You say that you copied the EXE to another machine but you don't say that you copied the DLL as well. Did you copy the DLL as well? If not, that would explain why the system couldn't find the file to load it, don't you think?

Addicted Member

Hi jmcilhinney,
    you're right but is there a way to include directly in VS this dll into project without always coping it into another machine?
    I believed that including dll in references , It was not necessary to copy it into another pc.
    Last edited by giodepa; Mar 23rd, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

If the EXE references the DLL then the DLL needs to be present when you run the EXE. DLL stands for dynamic link library. It wouldn't be much of a dynamic link if the library code was rolled into the EXE. That's ignoring the fact that an EXE might reference many, many libraries. The .NET Framework itself contains numerous DLLs that your EXE loads as required, e.g. System.Windows.Forms.dll for all your Windows Forms functionality, including the DataGridView control.