Thread: Miscellaneous icon appears on form, can not remove

Miscellaneous icon appears on form, can not remove

To start, this is not the FORM icon that I am referring to. It is a small icon that resembles the Visual Component Manager icon in the SDK menu bar placed just below the menu bar. I have no idea how it got there. I can not select it. When I right click on it, it gives me the form menu (ie View Code, Menu editor, etc) as though the icon is not there. If I double click on it, the form code view comes up. Picture shows icon below the Setup Menu
    Name:  strangeicon.bmp
Views: 356
Size:  207.8 KB

Re: Miscellaneous icon appears on form, can not remove

Does it appear at run-time? What happens if you delete the menu component from the form? Does it go away?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Probably the Form's Picture property was set to this icon. The icon will then show at the top left of the Form's client area.

Quote Originally Posted by chosk View Post
    Probably the Form's Picture property was set to this icon. The icon will then show at the top left of the Form's client area.
    That was it. Thanks