Thread: [RESOLVED] Networking Issue with Client / Server

Resolved [RESOLVED] Networking Issue with Client / Server

I have a very interesting question regarding clients and servers. Right now on my Windows 10 machine, I have both my client and server apps added to permissions both incoming and outgoing, port 3504 is also added to permissions, both my routers have DMZ enabled, both have port 3504 portforwarded, all of my firewalls are enabled, and port 3504 passed using PFPortChecker. My clients can connect using the local ip address on the same computer as my server but cannot connect using the external ip address on the same computer as my server. Im not at home at the moment to do an experiment, but do the clients HAVE to be on a different machine in order to use the external ip address? Why cant be used on the same machine as the server?

Re: Networking Issue with Client / Server

The clients Need to be on a different network to use the external IP.... It's like you trying to call yourself on your phone...you'll get a busy signal.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Re: Networking Issue with Client / Server

Yes you are right! I wrote a server and a client chat app in c++. And since i dont have another computer to test it on, i wrote a client app in java for android as of last night. As a result, my phone had no trouble at all connecting to my server using an external ip address! Hmmm, might make something for android in relation to this o.o